July 24, 2008

Night out on the town

We all showered from a long day on the beach and headed to Calabash. Sherie went in to our restaurant to get a table, it would be an hour wait until they called for "Jackson, party of 11". We did our usual tour of the docks, pictures by the shark, looking at the shrimp boats. I debated on coming to the beach, but when I saw the names of these shrimp boats, I knew I was in the right place!

Ruthie and Lexie just before they called us to dinner.
As usual, dinner was great! The hush puppies start us off right, so right that you are half full when dinner comes! I ordered Shrimp and Steak, and Lindsay got Chicken, the little girls got shrimp as did Kodi. Our total bill was $50, not too bad! After dinner we did a little shopping.
It was fun to get out on the town, look around and find some new treasures. Lexie was busting to get some Shark's teeth, and Kaylie ended up getting herself a blue starfish. (I won't mention what it smells like!)
Back to the house for rest, it was 11:30pm after all. I was bushed!


3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

it looks like you guys had a really great time... AND it looks like you really like your new camera!!! :)

Heather said...

Your trip looks so fun. I can't wait till we can go to the beach.

Lori said...

Hi Dottie!
We just got back from the beach ourselves & are planning beach trip #2 to Flordia already! I am soooo excited. I am happy to know that you went & had such a great time. The beach is a wonderful place to make memories w/ family & friends. Love the Lehi & Nephi boats.

We've decided to drive to Florida. Maybe we can stop in & see you if it's on the way. I have no idea where you are in NC as far as location to where we're traveling. We were going to stop at a hotel on the way but it would be WAY more fun to stop in & see YOU!!! Miss you!