July 22, 2008

Beach Day Two

We slept in until 9:30, which was nice since we were up so late. Kaylie and I giggled in bed together for a while, until we heard other people awake. As soon as Kaylie saw Rowen open his eyes, she jumped in his bed, with him and his sister. Lexie and Ruthie slept well together in the full size bed, both happy to be up and ready to go!
We were out to the beach by 10:30 and Lexie was taking a try at the boogie boards. I love this look on her face. She sort of put her board in the water and hoped the waves would take her, but when she laid on the board, it touched the sand. So she just rested there a while.
Dallas and Kodi catching some waves. I played hard on the boogie board today, catching waves, floating, just spending time with my kids. Kaylie and Lexie felt better about the Ocean and didn't get upset when I got farther out in the water today. It was fun finally being able to actually be in the ocean. In years past my children have been too young to be on the beach without me. Even if Daddy were around, they were scared if Mommy was too far out. So this year it was a pleasant surprise, that I could enjoy myself!

My bathing beauty.
They played hard and needed a big break.
Kodi trying the skim board thing. He wasn't afraid of falling like Dallas, so he actually gave it a pretty good ride at different times.
When the water was too rough and tiring they all resorted to building sand castle. This was quite amusing as they built it too close to the ocean, and with each passing minute the tide was growing near. In no time at all the deep mote they build to protect their little castle was flooded.

They spent more time on the mote then the actual castle! Oh well, it's quitting time and we are headed out on the town!





1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I was hoping for pictures of you riding the waves with your kids!