July 11, 2008

My Closest Friends

I thought it would be great to introduce all my friends. ( I was right!) I talk to Angie every day and so I talk about friends here to her, and my friends here all know about her as well. So I invited everyone to gather at Lancaster's BBQ, then I ordered Shrimp. (That's just how it goes)

BBQ here is not what I grew up with and it's not really my thing. While Angie was here we didn't eat anywhere that she could eat back in PA. This is about as Mooresvillian as they come and that's what we wanted to experience. Since Mooresville is RACE CITY USA, of course Lancaster's has Stock Car Stuff inside, And a School Bus!


I didn't call ahead for reservations, it's Tuesday for Pete's sakes, so we had a 30 minute wait. Which was fun all by itself, laughing joking, talking about tall hair, then having ole Tall hair herself walk by. We are in public people, we should behave! :-) This is the wall and ceiling. When we got back home and I downloaded these pictures Angie said, "where was that? I didn't even see that".
So, here is Angie and Julie. I couldn't get them both to behave at the same time. This was going on while we are still trying to order. The waitress seated us and took our drink orders. *******NEWSFLASH*******
***We drank non-alcoholic beverages***anyone sitting near us, may not believe that***
The waitress comes back in a short 5 minutes and asks if we are ready to order, at which point we had to start looking at the menu! Then, like always I was the ordering police making sure I didn't order what someone else did...I am so completely amused by these two gals!Trying to get a nice group shot, and my two clowns still hamming it up for the camera, but look at those smiles we are really having fun. Thanks Amy for pointing at those bad girls trying to get them to stop!
Here's a picture of the group of us, FINALLY. (People near/around/even far away from us were likely bothered by our fun and picture taking)
Amy, Tanya, Angie, Julie, Amy, Angel and Angie
Once we got our food we continued to talk, laugh, talk louder, laugh louder...We talked about everything: Laser hair removal, getting implants, in laws, a very unpopular book that just came out involving some one's swinging sister in law, adoption, kids (FYI out of 8 moms at the table we have a combined 29kids) the food, Mooresville, our husbands...And after all the story telling was over, the next day Angel informs me she has a Lorraina Bobbette story she forgot to share! (Apparently Lorraina used to do manicures on Angel's Mother-in-law, around the same time as Lorraina was going "Bobbette" on her husband!)
Around 9:40pm we get ourselves up and asked an employee to take a group picture of us, but not before this beauty of a shot was taken! Did I mention we talked about Poll dancing?

Here we are, in front of the bus. A waitress was thrilled to take our picture, and as we were walking out at 9:45pm someone asked the waitress, "What time do you close?"

Her reply, "9 O' Clock!"

A great night with lots of laughter! Thanks Ladies!!! We must do this again, but maybe at a different restaurant!



4 comments:

One Crowded House said...

9 o'clock! No wonder the girl was a little peeved when I wanted to potty while she was cleaning the restrooms at 9:30.... oops!
It was lots of fun Dottie!

angie j. said...

such a fun night! thanks for the invite miss D.

Gwenda said...

Looks like you all had loads of fun!

Lori said...

Your friends look like so much fun Dottie. I hope someday to be "countdown Lori". :)