Kodi spent the night at his buddy Dale's house. They played video games, drove go carts...Dale's Dad basically was in charge of the boys all day today. Dale drives quarter midget carts, and had practice today. Dale wanted Kodi do come along, and as long as they were getting along, we parents didn't see any need to separate them.
Around 4, this afternoon, when I hadn't heard form Kodi I thought maybe I better head over to Dale's to get him. While on my way, my cell phone rings, it's Dale's Dad Gary, "Now, don't freak out, (he starts out) but Kodi and Dale, played video games, late, Dale had practice today...(the longer he talks, the more anxious I feel) when finally Gary cuts to the chase. They got back from practice and were hungry. So, they decided to heat up some soup. The lid was a lid you pulled the tab back on, and Kodi pulled the tab back, and sliced his thumb open!
Gary said, he heard Kodi say he cut his finger, then when he heard him say it again, he had to go check it out. Only it makes Gary sick to look at things like that, that's when Gary called me.
So I get there, and you can just see Gary is totally sick! He feels awful. Things happen though. I assured him as we were leaving, Kodi opens cans at our house too! I could have easily happened at our house as well! Kodi was very scared to have stitches and it was obvious he would have to have stitches. Called the pediatrician, they recommended Urgent Care, I had the whits about me to ask about Kodi's last Technis shot, 8/01. That worked out!
The Urgent Care staff was great. Numbed him up good, gave him 7 stitches and sent us on our way. We have to go back in 10 days for stitching removal.
So I get there, and you can just see Gary is totally sick! He feels awful. Things happen though. I assured him as we were leaving, Kodi opens cans at our house too! I could have easily happened at our house as well! Kodi was very scared to have stitches and it was obvious he would have to have stitches. Called the pediatrician, they recommended Urgent Care, I had the whits about me to ask about Kodi's last Technis shot, 8/01. That worked out!
The Urgent Care staff was great. Numbed him up good, gave him 7 stitches and sent us on our way. We have to go back in 10 days for stitching removal. I am praying hard for NO INFECTION!
Rick called while we were in UC. I told him that i was in UC and would have to call him back. So when I got out to the car, called and told Rick what happened, Rick said something like, "I thought it was a cart wreck, broken bones, ran into a tree type thing (almost in a disappointed tone)." I empathized with Rick, "Yeah, his injury wasn't very masculine!" But I am just glad my boy is resting! It was a rough time.
Love you Kodi!
3 comments:
Oh, Kodi looks so sad and pittyful! I'm with Dale's dad, I wouldn't have been looking at Kodi's thumb either!
Oh man!! Hope Kodi gets feeling better! That's funny about Rick being slightly disappointed, but a sliced finger is still pretty cool.
Kodi,
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You know what this means, no kart riding or soup can opening anymore.
Love you!
Post a Comment