August 17, 2007

High School Musical 2 Party


August 17:

Tonight we had our good friends over, Robert, Sherri and the kids.
We watched High School Musical 2 together! Lindsay and Kelsey had been plotting for weeks about seeing the Movie. I told Sherri we'd like to have Kelsey over, and Sherri said, I think the whole family would like to watch it!
They got here around 7, and we visited until the movie started at 8. By 8:30 the kids were ready for snacks. Lindsay and Kelsey were all about making the snacks until the show came on. Then Sherri and I had to finish what they started. Lindsay added too much popcorn to my popcorn maker, and it made this horrible mess. All over the counter, in the sink on the floor! At this point it was still popping!

Kaylie and Rowen had a hard time staying focused. They ran off outside in the dark to find the gum Rick had hidden in a cooler in the garage!

After the show was over the big kids ran around outside playing Ghost in the Grave Yard. When we got things cleaned up, I was very sneaky. I went into the garage and turned on the sprinkler! It got all the kids in the back yard. They were screaming and laughing.

This moved everyone else outside and Sherri was standing around talking to me, while Robert got the kids in the car. I kept telling Sherri, she'd better get in her car before the sprinkler came on. It came on right at her door, she had to duck and run through the sprinkler twice before getting in! We were laughing so hard! It was hysterical!

Just a really fun night with some really great friends!

3 comments:

Gwenda said...

Did you like the movie? Kenzie was also at a High School Musical 2 party last night, and let's just say -- she doesn't like musicals! Well, now she knows! Ummm... maybe if it were Bluegrass!

Sounds like you had a blast after the movie!

The Borlase Bunch said...

It sounds like quite the party you guys had at your new house!!

Glad to hear you got the preschool job.... how is everything else?

mamanicky said...

Sounds like good times! We watched it too, even my kids were planning for weeks to see it. Disney has some good marketing! I love the sprinkler part, naughty little mommy! ;)