June 21, 2007

More about our move and my sick Baby!

Kaylie had us all worried for a while. She was sick from
Friday until Monday night.

She first threw up in the early morning, then she slept all day Saturday. We moved around her. She lay on the love seat while boxes were moved, the computer was taken down, the entertainment center was disassembled...once I got her to the hotel Saturday night
I just knew it would only be a matter of time.



We were all settled in at 11:30. Rick had to leave at 3am for Michigan. 2:45am, Kaylie was throwing up again. Once I got her cleaned up and back in bed, she slept. Both Kaylie and Kodi slept until 10am. Aj had Lindsay and Lexie, so it was nice for me to sleep in that late as well.



The girls got a ride home from Church from our Home Teacher, totally equipped with the BRAT diet foods for Kaylie, Taco Soup, Chips, Peanut Butter, Homemade Jam... it was wonderful!



We did try out the pool. Kaylie did fairly well. Back to the hotel room, getting settled for bed. I just couldn't rest. I feared Kaylie would be sick. When it finally happened
at 2:30 I could then rest.



We made it out for the hotel breakfast on Monday morning. Soon after we
received the keys to our new home.

Shortly after arriving, a still ailing Kaylie found herself in the most
comfortable of spots.

This crib came with the home. Our realtor bought it for her new grand baby due in August. It got moved out late Monday afternoon. Kaylie enjoyed it while she could. Lindsay found Kodi catching some zzzzz's.

He is tucked away here in his closet. No blinds up yet in the house,so everyone is afraid to sleep in their beds. Since Rick had to leave just hours after getting the keys, we have to do without blinds for now.

Rick also made time for a quick closet nap! He was found in our closet once or twice. I know he was exhausted! As we all were, but him especially for having to fly to Michigan and drive home.

Around 6pm, Monday night our Church family arrived and unloaded our truck. I am so thankful for everyone who helped. Again we have a huge list:

Justin

Jannah

Ryan

Whitney

Wes

Elder Crawford

Elder (forgot his name)

Aj (for food and shelter and babysitting and unpacking...)

The Storms, McDonald's, Jimenez's for offering their homes until we moved in!

The entire Howes family (8? people total)

Mark

Dan

The Wilson Family

Julie and her slammin Lasagna!

We are just blessed!

Around 10pm Monday night we all were nestled in our beds, or closets. By 2am Rick was on his way to California! We miss him and miss his help! Come home soon!!! (Oh, and win the race!) We haven't all been under the same roof for one night since we moved in. I am looking forward to the day and a half Rick will have at home with us next week.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

Kaylie looks so comfortable, I want to snuggle in next to her!