June 25, 2007

Girls Camp

This is Lindsay's first year at girls camp. I think she was looking forward to going! I was really looking forward to her going. Not just to give me a break, but to give her a break. She has an awful lot of responsibility since she is the oldest.

I went to check the progress on her packing, here are the shoes she intended to take! She left Monday morning, and wasn't expected to be home until Friday afternoon. 6 pairs of shoes was her magic number! We crammed everything into her bag! It was SO heavy! It took two of us to get it shut. Little does she know, once she fell asleep, I unpacked it and hid little love notes all through out!
Two pillows, one chair, one sleeping bag and her clothes. We arrived at the church to load up and I asked Lindsay where she wanted her pillows, to which her Young Women's leader shrieked! "I forgot my pillow!" Lindsay told her she could use her second pillow and got a huge hug out of the deal! Way to go Lindsay for being prepared for not only you, but for Sister Killian!
I sure hope she had everything she needs. This week she is to go hiking, swimming (in a lake, which I don't do, because of those pesky toe nipping fish...) sleep in a cabin on bunk beds, eat at a mess hall, play "love" pranks, and horse back riding. All while signing off stuff in her camp manual. You know things like how to help someone when they are choking, or how to carry someone back from a hike who has broken a bone...Necessary life skills! Have fun L, we already miss you.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Kassie can't wait to hear all about Lindsay's first Girl's Camp experience! You'll make memories that will last a life time!

Amy said...

Wow!! That was a lot of shoes. I don't think I own that many. Girls camp was always my favorite. Way to take an extra pillow and allow Sister Killian to use it. Kudos to you!!