June 15, 2007

Home Owners...Almost

It's 7:52 on Friday night. We just got home to the kids. Aj has Lexie, and the others were starving. Closing was very dramatic, frustrating and ridiculous. Every possible problem that could happen came up, to the point that we closed, but just not in time. The bank did not transfer the funds to the home builder in time. So it appears that we can not have the keys until Monday morning (if we are lucky) or whenever the money transfers.

We have to be out of this house at midnight Saturday. Rick leaves for Michigan at 4:00am Sunday morning. When he gets back to the shop, he has to load up and head to California. So I could be moving into our new home alone.

So tomorrow I think we are getting a uhaul. I think people are coming in the morning to load all of our stuff. Then I believe I will clean the house we are in, and Rick will drive the uhaul to the new house and leave it in the driveway until we can get keys. Not sure where we will spend Saturday and Sunday nights, or where we'll eat our meals. But hopefully we can move into the new house Monday!

How's that for still another cliff hanger?

4 comments:

Gwenda said...

Does your ward know you're homeless for two days? This will all be worth it in the long run!

Lori said...

Dottie, this almost brings me to tears. I just cannot believe how strong you are. I know people say "you have to do what you have to do," but you never cease to amaze me.

Angie said...

Oh my word! I can't believe that the builder, knowing that the funds are on their way, wouldn't allow you to move in now. That seems ridiculous. I will pray for you guys.

angie j. said...

Seriously Dottie, I don't know how you do it! Hopefully you're getting some sleep at the hotel. Hang in there...it will be ok. Tomorrow is another day! I can hopefully come help unpack some this week with Mari in ballet camp.

aj