By the end of the week, you could smell him coming and going... (New Fact: You can't buy regular socks in all of disney, there are dress socks, there are ankle socks, but no tube socks for high top tennis shoe wearers! And you can not buy GUM! Not at Disney or in the Orlando Airport!)
Here we are in the car. We were scheduled to fly out around 9:35am. So we were to be at the airport around 7:35am. We left our driveway at 7:39am. I WAS STRESSED!!!!! Most of you know me, I CAN NOT be late! I was very anxious to say the least.
Arriving at the airport was uneventful, until we were trying to figure out where to park. Because I was reading the signs out loud, Rick changed lanes, and missed where he wanted to park. So we had to drive back around. When I saw the unloading area, I suggested that Rick just drop everyone off and let me check the luggage.
(Brilliant idea on my part, if I do say so myself)
Rick finally made it to the airport, and we all went through security. Fun stuff, shoes off, pockets emptied, and bags checked, all while an anxious Mom rushes everyone. We got to our gate and only had a 5 minute wait before boarding the plane. We were in row 17 seats a-g. Look at this picture, what do you think might be wrong with it?
If you picked that 3 of our kids are in 3 seats without any parents you would have guessed right. Rick was on the plane first, followed by Kodi, Lindsay, Kaylie and Lexie. By the time I got to our row this is what the seating looked like.
Kodi took these shots from his window. They were enjoying the ride for the most part, until decent started. That is when Lindsay started crying from ear pain, followed by Kaylie who was miserable. She felt much better after she threw up in a bag! Try that from across the isle! Oh, I handled it, but wasn't happy that I couldn't hold her and love her. After all, my other gaggers were seated next to her and unwilling to lend her some support!
We landed in Florida and I vowed that I would arrange seating for the flight home!
We headed to our Disney bus. This bus magically got our luggage without us even touching it. Then it whisked us to our destination!
We knew we were getting close when we saw this site! Mickey Mouse here we come!

We arrived at the Outpost in the Fort Wilderness Campground. We checked in and got our Cabin information. It was around 1pm and our Cabin wasn't ready yet, so we opted to head over to Magic Kingdom. The only way to get there from Fort Wilderness is by boat. This is our first of many boat rides! Kaylie is sporting her "1st Visit to Disney" button. We all received them at check in and wore them proudly.
1 comment:
Love the bus shot with the reflection in the window!
Post a Comment