October 17, 2007

Animal Kingdom

Sunday October 7th: This morning we met up with Robert and Sherie and the kids. Sherie had a very scheduled schedule! She and I sat down for an entire afternoon and planned out each day, down to where we would eat! Well, that lasted for only the first day! Then we had to talk about it each chance we got. She was fabulous in helping me to know what we didn't want to miss out on.

Upon entering Animal Kingdom you see the big Tree of Life! Underneath this tree is a Bug's Life 3-D Adventure. We did that towards the end of the day. Kaylie did not like it, it sprayed out water and sent out a stink bomb! She cried!We hurried to catch a safari bus. It was very fun. The tour guide points out all the critters and talks about their habitats. A very young Giraffe. Crocodiles!



Just some fun pictures of the animals we saw.
After the safari we caught a bird show! Maren I thought of you! I just knew I should be taking pictures all during the show! It was so fun watching the birds fly close to the audience and talking parrots. The trainer had worked with a bird for only 3 weeks and had him trained to fetch a dollar out of a Man's hand, then later take it back to the Man. It was just so fascinating! Some of the birds acted as if they knew what the trainer was saying. Very funny at times. At one point, Ruthie and Lexie were sitting down towards the front of the stage, and this giant vulture type bird swooped way down. Soon after I saw Lexie headed straight for me. Too close for her comfort!

After a while we entered Dinosaur land. It was geared more for smaller children. We were waiting to use our fast passes on the new Everest Roller Coaster! (Which was SO much fun!) I loved it and would ride it over and over. Rick, Lexie and Kodi trying their hand at winning a stuffed animal! You know, we need more of those! NOT! Of course Lexie was a winner, we've got the stuffed dinosaur to prove it!
Kaylie relaxing in the stroller holding our new prize!Rick and Lexie taking a ride on a dinosaur!

Our newest family addition, Dino, beside Kaylie and Rick. Aren't they so cute?
Waiting for the bus at the end of the Animal Kingdom day! Happy Dad and Kids!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!!!

Too funny about the birds! I would have been totally out of control, watching all those beautiful birds!

Gwenda said...

It won't be long before Lindsay is taller than Rick! Look how close she is already!

Rick on that dinosaur made me laugh!

I would have loved seeing those animals on the safari!