Today I received this card from my Mom, she made it for my birthday!
Here is what she wrote inside:

Baby Girl
Dorothy May Young
7 lbs. 2 oz.
21 " Long
October 27, 1971
Back to the beginning, the day you were born, it was 2:00am in the morning and your Daddy and I lived in an apartment in Manchester. We had no telephone and he worked night shift at National Circuits in Reisterstown. I remember lying in bed sleeping, and the next thing I knew I everything was wet, my water broke, NO PHONE, what am I to do. I knocked on the wall and the door to the neighbors next door, (a young couple) I told them my water had broke and the guy said he would get some tools and be right over. I said,
"No just call my husband". So they did.
Your Daddy came home and called the Gettysburg Hospital, they told him to bring me on up to the hospital. We arrived there about 4:30am. After arriving at the hospital, they prepped me and had me lying on a stretcher out in the hallway, they had no room for me at that time. Dr. Maitland checked on me every now and then, as well as the nurses. I can remember Dr. Maitland saying she thought I was going to shake the baby out. I was shaking all over, couldn't control my muscles and had so much back pain, I thought I would never walk again. I can remember lying there thinking, "I'm going to have this baby, right here in the hallway
all by myself!"
I called for the nurse and she wheeled me into the delivery room and Dr. Maitland was the doctor that delivered you. I believe it was around 8:38am. When your Dad came into the room after you were born, I can remember looking up at him and seeing the tears in his eyes and the tears filling up in my eyes as we looked down at the marvelous wonder before us. It was a true blessing sent down from Heaven. A beautiful little baby girl.
Your Daddy called NanNan and PapPap and Grandma and PapPap. I heard later that your Uncle Donald was in Taneytown spreading the news all about you and handing out cigars.
What a truly special day October 27, 1971 was. I know the angels danced on the day you were born.
I love you,
Mom.
Here is the earliest picture I could find. 5 Weeks old.
These two pictures of me are from when I was around 4 month's old. 
Thank you Mom for such a great written history!
These two pictures of me are from when I was around 4 month's old. 
Thank you Mom for such a great written history!I love you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment