I just can't believe it!
8 of you responded that you would make Peanut Butter and Jelly on a BUN! 5 people said No to PB & J on a bun!
4 said Yes maybe in an emergency!
I just can't believe nearly 70% of you are willing to Violate a BUN!
Don't you get it? Peanut Butter and Jelly is sort minor league, meant to be eaten on minor league bread/Bun.
Tuna, Egg, Chicken Salad are more major league, more work, more expense, they deserve a finer/major league type bread.
Ham, Turkey (lunch meats) and Cheeses also are more suited for a major league type Bun.
This whole poll came about because I had bought very nice Buns/Rolls for nice sandwiches. I left my precious new Buns in the kitchen unattended. (I really thought they would be okay by themselves) When I entered in the kitchen (regrettably not to check on the buns-because I really did think they would be okay) I find my husband, Chowing down on a Sandwich, he is using one of my new Sandwich Buns I bought for a special occasion.
(A NICE SANDWICH OCCASION)
What's worse is that I can see Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly seeping out of the edges! Something I would never dream of doing, or would even think could possibly happen. After all, everyone must know you can not put Peanut Butter and Jelly on a Bun!Rick argued with me about it and I told him I was going to do a Poll and find out what other people think. (He has since forgotten about the poll, so he has no idea other people find PB&J on Buns acceptable, and I am just not telling him!)
But I did have to voice my opinion in the matter! So if you ever come to my house and have a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, it will not be served on a Bun! :-)
5 comments:
Okay. See, PB&J IS meant to be on bread....not a bun. BUT, there are just times that you have to utilize those last few leftover buns and the kids think you are being creative by putting pb and J on them.
So, in order to gain a few extra points for effort, I WILL slap the gooiness inside a bun and not think twice!
YOU ARE SO FUNNY!!!
I'm with you, Maren! I'd rather use the bun for PB&J than see it go to waste.
Hey, I think Rick has a right to know he finally won one!
Those left over buns are great for making MY FAVORITE homemade Bread Pudding. I would neve eat PB & J on a bun, on crackers maybe, but never a bun.
I actually prefer my PB&J on a bun. I will make them for my kids on bread and then make one for myself on a nice martins whole wheat potato roll. When I was growing up, my school always served them to us on hamburger rolls. I never considered that I shouldn't make it on a bun.
Post a Comment