I used to feel bad for Rick when he would have to work a 12 or 14 hour day.
I used to think that he is working so hard for little reward.
I used to think he was entitled to come home to a hot meal and be able to sit down and relax.
NOT ANYMORE!
Not after my days, which go something like this...
5:00 am: Waking Lindsay for early morning seminary...while she gets dressed I study/pack lunches/start laundry...
6:00 am: Waking Kodi, Driving Lindsay to early morning seminary...usually while arguing about something (oh the life of a teenage GIRL)
6:30 am: Back home, shower, dress, hair make up.
7:00 am: Waking Lexie and Kaylie, pick out their clothes, get them dressed, get them breakfast, fix hair, police teeth brushing...
8:00 am: Standing with them at the bus stop.
8:05 am: Eating breakfast, checking email.
8:15am: brushing teeth, heading out the door.
8:30 am: sitting in the doctors office, waiting for my appointment, while studying.
9:00am: Blood pressure check, weigh in, height, explain the reason for my visit.
9:30 am: On my way to work.
9:40 am: At work, hugging, kissing diapering 3 sweet boys.
12:10 pm: Leave work, driving home
12:20 pm: Eat lunch, check email, brush teeth, unload dishwasher, fold laundry, make a few phone calls.
1:03 pm: Leave for school, I'm late! Visit with a friend over the phone while driving.
1:30 pm: Try to find a parking place!
1:35 pm: Walk to school after parking.
1:45 pm: Arrive and talk to friends about Tuesday's test.
2:00 pm: Algebra class starts, I doubt my ability to do algebra, college, any of it, seriously consider dropping out of college...
3:15 pm: Class ends, briskly walk to American Politics class, down hill, thankfully! Test today!
3:30pm: Test begins, not as bad as I thought...
4:00pm: Leave test, drag my sorry, hot, sweaty self back UP HILL, to study before my next exam.
5:00 pm: Religious theology test begins, somehow the essay's are taking longer than I imagined and hand writing it all out shows how computers have ruined my spelling skills and my ability to think before I write something...I ended 1 sentence with a preposition! YUCK!
6:00pm: Finish exam, surprised when I leave the building to find multiple missed calls from home. (handle the call as best I can, fighting over who makes dinner, who gets to eat dinner and how my wooden spoon got broken while I was gone)
6:10 pm: Call my neighbor and asked her to walk next door to see if the kids were actually killing each other like they claim!
6:15 pm: Get a call from Rick, simply stating, "I got here okay" (the next race in Dover, DE) "Good" I reply . "I am going to lay down now, I'll talk to you later" "Okay" I say. (at this point I hear bugs bunny characters cussing nonsense words in my head!)
6:16pm: Call my sister, while ignoring call waiting from my house.
6:25pm: Finish with my sister, call Angie...talk until I arrive home.
6:45 pm: House a wreck food left out, dishes dirty, clean clothes needing to be folded all over the living room and amazingly enough people still have the nerve to tell me all about how terrible their afternoon was, while they have done absolutely nothing, barely even ate I tell you.
6:50pm: I feed the little ones again, cereal and taco for Kaylie, yogurt for Lexie, while making myself something.
7:00pm: Sit alone at the computer eating my dinner, checking email.
7:30 pm: Help with fundations and reading homework.
8:00 pm: Bed time to my little ones, teeth brushed, prayers said...
8:15 pm: laundry, dishes, throwing away trash, packing snack for tomorrow.
9:00 pm: Grey's comes on, I share it with algebra and laundry.
11:00pm: Grey's is over, kitchen cleaned, laundry finished for the day.
11:01 pm: Facebook about Grey's, (BTW, didn't get all that laundry cleaned or dishes finished yet!)
11:10 pm: Fix a paypal issue, order church materials, stalk blogs.
11:50 pm: Brush my own teeth, read scriptures, say my own prayers.
11:59 pm: Walk through the house checking on all my children...
12:00 pm: Put myself to bed, yeah right...there is a kid in there, guess I am sleeping in someone's empty bed!
So you know what I think now?
COME ON 12 HOUR DAY!
4 comments:
well that is certainly way too busy! BUT the good news is you remembered to brush your own teeth!
YIKES!
OK, you are an A1 mom for fixing your kids breakfast. I am lucky to find them matching socks in the morning, cause even though I spend one day a week folding all matching socks in the house, they inevitably need more by the 3rd day.
Yes, the guys are out of town and they work their butt off during the day. Then they go to their hotel and veg and eat an already prepared meal and doze off. Yeah, a little jealousy I do say.
You can add me to your list of people to call and we can vent together ;0)
I must say I'm crushed. Hurt. You left out the most important part of your day, the highlight of your day, what keeps you going, keeps you sane, what you can't get through the day without:
8:20am -- called Gwenda
LOL!
Ever start feeling dizzy?? This is where you go back and read about that spiritual confirmation you had about continuing with school...just so you remember it's REAL!
Post a Comment