Friday night arrived, and I had been telling Rick all week I was blindfolding him and taking him on a date, leaving at 8:00pm! Date night came and we had some trouble, Lindsay was going to a movie, Kodi going to Dale's, Lexie going to a birthday party. We didn't have anyone to watch Kaylie! So-I thought we'll just take her with us. Lindsay helped her to get all dolled up and we got to the car. Kaylie begged me to, "just whisper in my ear, I won't tell Daddy where we are going", "please, Mom, just tell me, I won't tell..." I didn't tell! Kaylie assisted in getting Daddy properly blindfolded!
That took longer then anticipated, but soon we were off. Rick was telling me where we were at every turn. Until he finally figured out where we were going! Then Kaylie begged him, "tell me Daddy, tell me, where are we going?" Soon enough we arrived at our favorite cheap movie theater The Gem. Opening night of Beverly Hills Chihuahua is what we will see.
That took longer then anticipated, but soon we were off. Rick was telling me where we were at every turn. Until he finally figured out where we were going! Then Kaylie begged him, "tell me Daddy, tell me, where are we going?" Soon enough we arrived at our favorite cheap movie theater The Gem. Opening night of Beverly Hills Chihuahua is what we will see.
This is not my kind of show, but I knew Rick would think it's funny and we needed to get out. Kaylie was exhausted, but she hung in there. And the movie was cute, with a few good laughs. Would I see it again? No, but it was a fun night out for all of us. Just seeing Kaylie's excitement, having her alone with us, very nice. We both agreed we needed a date with Lexie!
3 comments:
you were right...those pics of kaylie were adorable! too fun....
What a fun night. We are going to see that movie tonight. I am sure we will all love it.
Glad you could finally have a date night and time with one child! Next Lexie, then Kodi, then Lindsay... you're going youngest to oldest! It is nice having one on one with the kids. I had that today with Ashton. We went to both sessions of conference and ate out between them. Very nice!
Post a Comment