September 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Kelsey!

Lindsay wanted to do something special for her best friend Kelsey's Birthday. While we were visiting Grandma's in Maryland in August, Grandma helped her make a quilt. Lindsay hand stitched the words and did most of the sewing. It was a gift made with love and it turned out beautiful! I am so glad that Grandma could help and that Kelsey loved it. Right away Sherie, Kelsey's mom, asked, "did you pay someone to make that quilt, it's beautiful!" We told her No that Lindsay had made it.

It reads, "Friends are like quilts, they are Treasures and Comforts!"

I was so super proud of Lindsay, what a wonderful friend she is to Kelsey! Thank you to Grandma for the help, support and of course ALL of the materials!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a beautiful quilt. I am sure she absolutely loved it. You did a fabulous job.

One Crowded House said...

that is so sweet- and it does look like a professional made it! Way to go!

Alicia said...

Good job Lindsay! You're such a good friend.