On Friday there was this terrible panic to do with Hurricane Ike, that gas prices in our area went up almost a $1.00 in a day's time. Gas was sold out and limited at some places to only 10 gallons per car. Although we did not get the rain, storms or tornadoes, our community had turmoil!
Police officers had to direct traffic around the gas stations!
Yesterday, Monday we are asked to only pump 10 gallons into our car at a time. I didn't stop at 10 gallons, I stopped at $50.00 and at $3.97 a gallon that was enough! I am however, completely fortunate in that I have electricity, a home, my family...In all reality high gas prices and demand are easy to handle!
1 comment:
Yikes!!! That's crazy Dottie! You are such a bad girl...taking more gas than you're told to. No worries though...I'd probably do the same :)
"But officer, I have 4 kids and surely that mandates that I need more gas! Each kid makes the car a bit heavier and so more gas is needed to get further, and each kid requires me to do more driving around to crazy activities"...or something like that. yeah, that'd be my excuse.
Post a Comment