May 10, 2007

Kindergarten Prep

Friday, May 4th @ Noon:

Lexie was scheduled for her Kindergarten "testing".
I dropped Kaylie off at Amy's house and Lexie and I drove to the school.
We entered in, and there was a teacher ready to greet us. Lexie got a name tag, a folder and was taken away to "play".
I got to sit in a meeting about the rules...
About 45 minutes later, Mrs. Water's called for me. She had been the teacher to test Lexie and she said, "Lexie is very ready for Kindergarten!" She really is! She is so bored at home with me!
When I picked her up from the coloring center, she was excited to show me her new bag full of stuff. A fat pencil, a new packet of crayons, clay and a coloring book. She felt so very proud of herself. She told me that she had to play catch, cut with sissors and write her name!
Yep, she's growing up! Darn it!

No comments: