May 20, 2007

2007 NEXTEL ALL STAR RACE!

Saturday night:

Here's the only All Star's you need to know about Baby!
Don't we look like we are having so much fun?
Me and Angie

We left for the track around 4:30 in the afternoon. Thanks to Phil's (Angie's hubby) terrific race day traffic expertise we arrived in no time at all with hardly any traffic, and a limited amount of walking, it was great!
Phil had two tickets for the race from the club house seats. We simply walked into Lowes Motorspeedway main tower, checked our tickets, got our arm bands and waited for the elevator to take us up to the club house. We got up there and enjoyed the view. No wind, no smoke, no inappropriately dressed drunk people... We watched the whole race from behind this glass.
It was fun, we got some over priced food. We stood up at the start of each segment and cheered with the crowds! Angie got some fun video's too! She posted a funny one on her blog of me. (When I figure out how to link her blog to mine I will and you can check it out!)
Anyway, with the fun she is having showing me in her blog on the video, I thought I'd share this next picture with you. It shows off Angie's excellent picture taking skills.
I suggested she get a shot of the fireworks.
(They are going off behind this perfectly centered steel beam!)

After several silly attempts of taking our own picture, someone took pity on us and took a shot. It turned out nice.

We had a great time up until this point, (I wish we had some parking lot pictures) we had just as much fun in the parking lot leaving the track. It was so nice to laugh, loud, hard and at complete strangers!

I could totally be on that show "Whose Line is it anyway" or another show "Cops" (after the way we handled those 4 men, right aj?)

1 comment:

angie j. said...

Your recap of the evening sounds so much more fun than mine!! And thank you for putting my very SAD fireworks pic up there. It was hard to take pictures without a beam in them...but that one was particularly sad. Let's do that again sometime - that was so fun!