May 24, 2007

I can't wait for Rosie to go!

It's true! I can not wait until Rosie is off The View! Maybe when she is gone, I'll watch again! Since I don't watch, I came across this article about Rosie and Elizabeth on CNN.com:

Story Highlights• Rosie O'Donnell, Elisabeth Hasselback argue on "The View"
• Two have differing political beliefs; argument got personal
• Hasselbeck to O'Donnell: "Don't call me a coward"


NEW YORK (AP) -- Watching Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck squabble on ABC's "The View" is nothing new, but Wednesday's dustup seemed particularly nasty with the co-hosts trading accusations and personal digs.

A political discussion over the war in Iraq became heated when an angry O'Donnell decried Hasselbeck for not standing up for her when media outlets suggested that she'd called U.S. troops "terrorists" during a previous debate.

"What you did was not defend me. ... I asked you if you believed what the Republican pundits were saying -- you said nothing, and that's cowardly," O'Donnell said.

Responded a stern Hasselbeck: "Do not call me a coward, because No. 1, I sit here every single day, open my heart and tell people what I believe." (Watch the two attack each other )

O'Donnell and Hasselbeck were shown on a split screen as the argument progressed without commercial interruption.

"Do you believe that I think our troops are terrorists? And you would not even look me in the face, Elisabeth, and say, 'No, Rosie,' " O'Donnell said.

Responded Hasselbeck: "Because you are an adult, and I am certainly not going to be the person for you to explain your thoughts. They're your thoughts! Defend your own insinuations!"

O'Donnell, who is leaving the ABC daytime talk show next month, said she wasn't going to fight anymore. "So for three weeks, you can say all the Republican crap you want."

Hasselbeck discussed the war of words in an interview with syndicated entertainment show "Extra" that was to air Wednesday evening.

"I honestly think, I believe that we are mature women who can resolve," she said. "I hope we can. I would hope that a disagreement or a heated debate wouldn't be the end of a relationship."

In a posting on her blog, O'Donnell wrote: "a split screen, new heights, or lows, depending on who u ask."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

The Borlase Bunch said...

amen sister--- I used to like Rosie- a long time ago-
but since she has been on the View, she has been a hag- I keep thinking I need to write Elizabeth a letter of support for her just having to put up with Rosie and constantly defend herself!!!

I like your new blog look- you are getting way to fancy. You will have to tell me how to do the picture slide show thingy.

Love ya

da vessels said...

i used to like rosie too but she didnt to get herself embroiled in the war with the trump fellow, that was really shallow, badmouthing him on television; thats not the kind of rolemodel we want for our kids.