May 10, 2007

Church Family

Saturday May 5th: The Move

I don't even know where to begin, except to say we are blessed!

I guess I will start with something my Mother said to me 8 years ago when we moved to North Carolina. "I can let you go, because I know you have a Church family where ever you go to take care of you".

And it is so...

People started arriving at 8:30 in the morning. They helped as long as they could and then rounded up more help. Our Church family indeed took care of us. Not our friends, not our neighbors, but our Brothers and Sisters.

We all have plenty to do on Saturdays, and the last thing we want to do is help move someone. (I wouldn't want to help move my neighbor's either!) But in being apart of a family, you do plenty of things you don't want to do, and that is just the way it is! You do it because you know when you need help, you'll have help, that your church family will take care of you. You do it to lessen someone else's burden. You do it and you are blessed.

I've thought many times in the last few days of all the blessings we have received. I've thought of all the people who helped, with meals, watching our kids, packing, moving, cleaning... and I just feel so blessed. When thinking about it, I am also amazed, just look at this list of people who helped us:

Patty
Renee
Regina
Donna
Amy
Angie
Ben

Melanie
Mike
Spencer
Bro. Bradley
Jocelyn
Derek
Jensen
Savannah
Jeff
Jordan
Elder Simpson
Elder Crawford
Jeremy

Pam
Matthew
Emily
Diane
Colleen
Rena
Bob
Grant
Tonya
Dan

I am certain to have forgotten some. Don't worry as they come to me I will revise my list! (Since my first post, I have added 4 people!)

Just know, I am so thankful for my "Church Family". I am thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am thankful for the Atonement which gives us all the opportunity to repent of our sins. I truly do not know, where I would be without this wonderful Church in my life bringing me closer to the Lord. I do say these things, with a humbled heart, in the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

The Borlase Bunch said...

So glad to hear you are moved in- we have had a lot of crazy stuff happening- car batteries dying- way too much busyness.... stomach viruses- every one of us except for Eli had- it was a bad week last week.

Once you get a chance, give me a call- will your numbers be the same?