September 06, 2007

Dinner Time RUT!

So I am in a bit of a rut! That rut is dinner time! I waste countless time and energy wondering what our next dinner time meal is going to be!

So here is my proposal: Help me-Help you and me!

Each and everyone of you who read my blog, (THIS IS A BIG CHALLENGE TO YOU EXCLUSIVELY); Angie J, Angie B, Angie S, Lori, Gwenda, Tonya, Jannah, Nicole, Heather and Amy Cordon...and my other secret readers (you know who you are)

Make your own "What's for dinner" column on your blog! We will all be more organized for dinner, shopping will become more efficient, therefore saving us money and we will have a HUGE variety of dinner choices! (WIN, WIN anyway you look at it!)

The end result is we will all just have more time to blog, and isn't that what it's really all about?

(Adding my new column took only 5 minutes! You have 5 minutes, for a good cause, don't you?)

7 comments:

Angie said...

How the heck can you expect me to post what's for dinner? I never know until 20 minutes before it is on the table. My family is just grateful when I defrost something and cook it within the same week. Feels like it would add more pressure to a chore I already feel is pushing me over the edge. Sorry, count me OUT! However, you all go and post your meals and I will occassionally steal some ideas for my picky eaters.

The Borlase Bunch said...

Ok your royal blogness- that is a lovely idea... but I have a few problems....

1) my name is tAnya not tOnya

2) My blog is special needs- remember- it doesn't work as quick and easy as your blog. So one day at the end of next week- you will have to come over and look at it... and see if you can figure it out....

3) you can't just write "firecracker casserole" and not give the recipe for it- that is just teasing!!!

4) thanks for sending e-mails about the whole Haiti thing and thanks for being my friend

I love ya girl!

Lori said...

What? Dinner? I'm supposed to be feeding my family? Oh my word. I didn't read that in the wife manual. I must have skipped that chapter. LOL!!

I'll work on this.

Angie said...

Hmmmm, I fear I may be a big disappointent to you, as I HATE to cook. :-D Once in a while I feel motivated enough to make a real meal for my family. hee hee. Ok, I will try to get motivated for you...

Amy said...

Like one of the above comments. Like I know what I am making 20 minutes before. I don't like making menus anymore since my kids don't eat half of what I make without complaint! HMM Maybe I'll work on this. lol

Anonymous said...

Ooo, Ooo, can I do this...PLEASE?!?!

I'm terrible at planning ahead. So this is a challenge for me, but a welcomed one.

Anonymous said...

Okay Dottie, I'm back here to tell you what Grilled Pizza is:

You take store bought pizza dough (or make your own if you feel so ambitious) and roll out to about 10-12" circle. Brush with olive oil and put on hot grill (or skillet if doing inside). As that side is cooking, brush the up-side with O.O. and flip after 3-5 minutes.

Once flipped, and cooking, scoop on the pizza sauce (jarred or homemade), and top with WHATEVER! Cheese, meats, basil, chicken, tomatoes, veggies, etc.

Cover with lid, or grill top, and let cook/heat until cheese is melted....but be sure not to let the crust burn!!

The pizza is hot, gooey and the crust is perfectly crispy, and chewy!

You can make some fancy pizzas this way and look like a real pro...but not have to be a pro!!