June 29, 2006

Friday at Myrtle Beach

June 23, 2006: Our family awoke early and headed downstairs for a terrific breakfast, anything and everything you could want, sausgae and gravy, made to order omelets, fruit, bacon, donuts, juice, milk, and grits! (Everywhere you go grits are available, it's like a major food group here!) After breakfast Rick headed out to a charity golf tornament and I took all of us back to the beach. Kodi couldn't get enough of the waves! I had a very hard time keeping him happy because he wanted to be out in the ocean, and I was afraid to let him go to far alone! Anytime I went too far out into the Ocean Kaylie would scream! Kodi would have to settle for less wave until later.
Lexie was very afraid of the ocean and wouldn't come out into the water very far. I would sometimes drag her out with me, but she would protest and head for land as soon as she could get away. She is my more timid child!
Kaylie, on the other hand, was ready to jump in all the time. I tried to get her to keep her pacy on her towel, but she protested. I kept telling her that the ocean would take her pacy. This is the last photograph we have of her with her Pooh Bear Pacy. A raging wave crept up catching Kaylie off guard and swiftly took her pacy right from her mouth and washed it out to the sea!
She cried and cried over that pacy, we kept telling her that some big fish was now swimming with her pacy. Eventually she gave up the fight, but darn if we didn't get in the van later, and she had a pacy tucked away waiting for her! (Only two left in the whole house, when they are gone, that's it!)
Kaylie liked the waves, she liked the sand, she liked the shells
.
After the golf tornament, Rick made time to catch a few waves with Kodi. I was able to take Lindsay to the pool along with the little girls. Then I took a turn with the waves while Rick swam with the girls. We ended the night at Golden Corral for dinner, then back to our room for some TV.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: