July 09, 2009

Time for some

POSITIVE TALK!
All remains the same in my world, lack o' pictures, lack of help, lack of cooperation...
Still have things to think about/figure out..
.
I've been in a sink or swim mode lately, sinking fast!
TODAY I choose to swim!
(I didn't start out my morning choosing to swim, but have come around to the idea!)
I am a habitual offender, of my self, my self image, my self worth. Aren't we all?
It surprises me, considering I grew up with my Mother saying, "Life is NOT a joke!" in frustration that I was yet again laughing about something.
I do seem to have a knack for finding many things funny. It's most likely, inappropriate humor.
*note to self*
If I have to identify it as inappropriate humor, then it's likely not the sort of humor I should be sharing.
Of finding humor in people and their experiences.
*note to self*
That's probably not appropriate either.
But after 30 some years on this earth, I still have the same problem, negative self thinking. But it sneaks up on me because I also laugh a lot, surely I can't have a problem.
GET it people I am ADMITTING that I HAVE a problem!
An awesome conversation with an awesome person was hard this morning, but welcomed.
A great friend that I don't get to spend nearly enough time with reminded me that
I can CHOOSE to be happy.
She reminded me this just after I told her of my ill fated moment in time with someone who recently hurt me.
(For the record- I think that person was WAY out of line, shouldn't have done what she did and it was more damaging to one of my children then me...you know, Mama Bear comes out)
But this friend I am so blessed to have in my world, said, plain and simply.
"Dottie, I blame you for letting it upset you"!
(Don't think the knee jerk thoughts I had were all too positive, but I kept them to myself)
She was right!
She continued, "Dottie, that person is just seeing something more differently than you." That person, may have been wrong, but you don't have to let it consume you...
Still she was right!
I came away with food for thought.
(sorry I couldn't come up with a water analogy, but welcome one if you've got it)
I knew that if I didn't come home and write it out, I wouldn't be so prompted to move forward, making improvements, choosing a happier life. I would forget her marvelous advice and not put it to good use! When things are out of my control, they are just OUT OF MY CONTROL.
DUH! It makes such sense, if things are out of my CONTROL, I don't have to be upset by them, I need to work through them. They don't have to sink me, I just have to start swimming!
This is going to take me some getting used too. I think I may start with signs all over the house.
THIS DAY I CHOOSE TO BE HAPPY!
THIS DAY I CHOOSE TO LAUGH INSTEAD OF CRY!
THIS DAY I CHOOSE TO FIND A POSITIVE SPIN!
THIS DAY I CHOOSE ME, BECAUSE I AM WORTH IT!
THIS DAY I CHOOSE TO LET IT ROLL!
(Oh here's a water analogy)
THIS DAY I CHOOSE TO RIDE THE WAVES!
This day, this moment in time, is good, a time of awakening, a time to renew my self thoughts, my self talk, and it starts here.
Then I am taking it there, probably off to the store with me as well, definitely to church and any other place I go!
DISCLAIMER: This isn't an exact science here, I haven't taken a magic pill, been hypnotized or been treated by an actual doctor, so results will not completely take place within 24 hours, but after 30 days, I can get my money back guaranteed, if I am not happy with my new product results! And if you are my friend, and you see me sinking, I expect you to help remind me, our code word only has to be:
SWIM!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh it can be so hard to be happy when life sucks! You set the example and I'll try to follow!

Gwenda said...

LOL!! OK, didn't know Brady was logged on! That was actually me!

Anonymous said...

Swim on, Girlfriend!! You can DO it...a positive outlook can SO change everything!! Sending lots of positive vibes and prayers your way for major buoyancy!!