July 06, 2009

Oh, I wanted too...and I was ready too...

and you were really going to enjoy it,

all I had to do was log in and start writing.

10:30pm was a great time to update my blog, no one needing me, no one talking to me, no interruptions...

I know the viewing audience has been waiting, I know they've been checking.

So I was about to thrill the masses with some new storyline,
about the end of the school year,
Kaylie loosing a third tooth,
Rick's job,
my take on Michael Jackson's death, (I'm with you Kate)
Our being on the go all the time,
a trip to the Transportation Museum.

Yep, it would be sure to satisfy your appetite! It would leave you walking away full, though still longing for more!

I logged into blogger to start such a magnificent post, really you'd tell your friends all about it!

I then opened up Picasa, the safe house of my pictures.

The area of my hard drive that keeps it all in order, times, dates, places.

It is this area by which I remember what has happened in my world, according to my chronological pictures, thank you very much!

But alas, my pictures they are gone.

Okay not every picture, but most!

Folders once filled with smiling faces, happy play, are replaced with the blurry shots, the shots not good enough to publish that escaped the delete button. Or i find my folders are empty!

Where oh, where have my pictures gone?

I searched my trusty external hard drive, that is where I will find hours of precious memories, laying wait to instant retrieval.

Unfortunately, my pictures are not there. At least not where I can find them.

I search the computer over checking resent changes off my list:

Updated Resume-Check
Updated Microsoft Money File-Check
Updated Pictures from the Museum-Check

It appears that my files are safe, my pictures are missing...

So, the world will have to wait, because the OCD about my computer paralyzes any good functioning thing until the mystery is solved.

Pray for me.

Pray for my computer.

Pray for my pictures!

5 comments:

David Blades said...

Thats horrible... Hope you can find them... I'm hanging on the edge of my seat waiting on your new post...

Angie said...

LOL :-)
I am praying Dottie. I am praying hard.
You really should write a book someday.

Angie said...

I would be totally freaking out!

Gwenda said...

OK, first I want to know which Angie made which comment?

You lost your pictures? That is devistating!! I can't believe it! Have you asked any of your computer savy friends what might have happened? You have to find them!!

Kate said...

AGHHH!!! That is my worst nightmare! I pray you are able to retrieve your photos. And I'm looking forward to your mega-post...don't forget to include MJ!

HEEEE HEEEE (that's my MJ laugh)