My good friend Sherie and I wanted to take our children on a few day trips this summer. We have only squeezed in one and it was big! So many pictures I am dividing them up in two different posts!
We started off our morning heading to the North Carolina Transportation Museum! We arrived just around 9am, bought our tickets to ride the 11am train and headed off to explore the Museum.
We found cars, trucks, planes, trains...loads to look at. Of course some of our kids were too cool, but I think I caught all of them laughing and smiling at least once!
We spent so much time exploring, we didn't get back to the train in time. The woman who sold us the tickets said, "They never sell out". Well, they did sell out. We would have to wait for the 1pm train. So we snacked, played, cried over what we couldn't buy at the museum store. (Seriously, do we need a purse with a horse sticking out of it? It's a Transportation Museum!)
We started off our morning heading to the North Carolina Transportation Museum! We arrived just around 9am, bought our tickets to ride the 11am train and headed off to explore the Museum.
We found cars, trucks, planes, trains...loads to look at. Of course some of our kids were too cool, but I think I caught all of them laughing and smiling at least once!
We spent so much time exploring, we didn't get back to the train in time. The woman who sold us the tickets said, "They never sell out". Well, they did sell out. We would have to wait for the 1pm train. So we snacked, played, cried over what we couldn't buy at the museum store. (Seriously, do we need a purse with a horse sticking out of it? It's a Transportation Museum!)
We rode the turntable which linked the tracks to each track in the round house. Kalyie stepped on a BEE! All the snacks we brought were completely eaten and for just $12.50 each of my kids got to bring home a souvenir from the place. (Kaylie's train necklace broke after the 2nd day)
Overall a fun time, had by all, even though they won't admit it!
2 comments:
that place has been on my list of places to visit for the past several years... it looks pretty nice and like you had a great day
(except for the bee sting!)
I've looked into going to the transportation museum. Glad it was so much fun!!
Post a Comment