December 27, 2008

Thanksgiving in Maryland...Shhhhh...don't tell!

Warning...if any of this information is repeated to MY IN LAWS... you will self destruct!

I made a very last minute decision to travel to Maryland with only half of my family. We arrived late on Wednesday night and left on Sunday...I did not have time to run to Harford County to see them, and they are not exactly able to travel to see me at my Moms...so I chose to make a trip to see MY family during Thanksgiving and not Rick's Family...
it was a trip for me and I spent it how I wanted!
If I have to tell my In Laws, because they ask, I will, but I am very much following the "don't ask, don't tell policy", so far they aren't interested...now on to my post!

Once at Mom's I went straight to the couch and covered up in blankets...a sore throat was coming on. I basically sat there the rest of the night and I just traveled over 400 miles! I didn't feel well! Jen and the boys came up for a visit...who can resist them?

Aren't they just beautiful?

Thursday morning I woke up and felt fairly well. Well enough to walk to Pennsylvania and back and I was in Maryland! When I got home, I had worked a good sweat, felt exercised...it was all good, but as the day progressed...I felt much worse. More laying around in a blanket. We had Thanksgiving with Mom, Nan, Dale, Gwenda, Kassie, Brady, Ashton, Avery, Bryson, Kenzie, Kaden, Me, Lexie and Kaylie. None of my pictures turned out so great, but if you want to see Gwenda's go here: Eyler Thanksgiving

Great Food, Good Fun

My Mother always acts like her baby Brother always got what he wanted, he got away with everything, he was always babied by his parents...she has complained about this for as long as I can remember! Like, if my Grandparents could change the direction of the wind for her baby brother Dale, they would! I suppose all of our older children feel this way from time to time! However, it was never so evident to me, that I could be jealous of her baby brother too, until this thanksgiving!

I was obviously DYING on the couch, never warm enough,unable to speak clearly for the build up of mucus in my head, which also made breathing difficult! For 24 hours, clearly

I AM SICK!

Then this little insignificant thing happened, it goes something like this:

Dale (a tiny, itsy bitsy, barely audible to the human ear cough)

Mom, "You okay Dale, you need a drink of water or something?" She spit it out in such a hurry, you barely knew something had happened!

Me, (somewhat disgruntled/dying/unnoticed by my own mother) followed up with, "Yeah, Dale, you cold? Can I knit you a vest or something?"

Mom, (Shoots two looks to me, the "you've just caused me great pain by what you are insinuating" and the other one, "shut up")

I went about my suffering in peace!

Jen and I did manage to get this picture on Thanksgiving Day!

Then on Friday we went out to McDonald's in Taneytown, Kevin's treat. Thanks Uncle Kevin!



Had fun in the play land. Two people near us watching their kids, annoying the crap out of Jen and I just by their mere existence, said to us, "Are you two sisters?" To which we replied, "Yes" and I added, "I am the younger sister". She said, "I thought you were sisters you look SO much alike! That was fun! They didn't seem quite as annoying as before...maybe.


Slides, Helicopter...who could ask for anything more?

Lexie in a tunnel
Friday night, Jen and I went into Gettysburg and stopped in a shoe store at the outlets, and I was asked, "are you an Eyler?" I explained that "Yes, sort of, My Mom is Bonnie Eyler". Here is was someone I used to go to Church with! Twice in one day no one could deny I was related to my family!
Jen and I headed over to see the movie, Four Holiday's. It was so funny and we laughed too hard! I would have watched it again if I would have felt better! A must see holiday movie.

I slept kind of late on Saturday and woke to find warm weather activities on a very cold day. Rocks, ice, water...who cares they are having fun!


Well, some of them are! This pictures cracks me up! That's not acting, it's all real!

My Dad came to visit me and my sister at Jen's house, then we convinced him to walk up and see Mom and Nan. Here he is with some of his Grandchildren. I insisted we take a family picture, Him, Mom, Jen, Me...it almost caused a heart attack...his wife wouldn't appreciate it, but the picture turned out bad, so I won't publish it. (Actually it's a bad picture of me, or I would have published it!)

Mom, loving up the little girls!

Sunday Morning I got up early to head out...even though I felt awful and I was sure traffic would be bad, I had to do it! We weren't on the road 50 miles when I looked back and saw this...

Another 50 miles and I saw this! The trip took 9 hours and it was miserable, rain, fog, darkness...accidents, police...

Finally my front door! It was a great quick trip, made even better by cheap gas prices. It's always good to go home! Thanks Mom for feeding us! :-)

If you are wondering about my health and well being, I am better...I was home from work though Monday-Wednesday and barely made it through Friday, worst sinus infection EVER! Thanks for your concern!

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Great pic of Landen, Logen and Kaylie!

Love the squirt in the eye picture!

What will your mother say when she reads what you wrote about Dale's cough? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you survived your sinus infection, and made it back home safe and sound. I will ignore your comments about my little brother. I'm so much older than him, it's only natural that I mother him also. You poor little baby girl, getting ignored like that. But I'm not coming to your pity party, until you start listening to mine. LOL