May 12th: Lexie's class decided to have a Mother's Day Tea. All Mom's were invited to attend. I am always so thankful I can do this, and always very tearful for all the children whose Mom's couldn't be there. The class did a cute slide show presentation.
Then they sang silly songs. School has changed so much since I was little. They learned the days of the week to the "Adams Family" tune. "Days of the week, snap snap, days of the week, snap snap, Days of the week, days of the week, days of the week, snap snap. There's Sunday and there's Monday, there's Tuesday and there's Wednesday, there's Thursday and there's Friday and then there's Saturday, Days of the week, snap snap..."
Still performing.
This one was cute, they had to put thumbs up, knees together, bottoms up, tongue out...
Then we all had some delicious treats. Each kindergartner gave their Mom a little flower pot with their hand print inside. It Say's, "Thanks for helping me grow".
It was a special treat to be at school with Lexie. I was able to volunteer when Lindsay and Kodi were in kindergarten, and I just haven't been able to do that so much. Maybe next year I can help out in 1st grade. I love you Lexie, thanks for my wonderful Mother's Day!
2 comments:
Lexie is as cute as can be looking back at you! What a nice thing to have for the Mothers. I'm sure Lexie was just so proud to have you there. Way to go Lexie! Love you and miss you!
Thumbs up, knees together... I remember that from my pre-school teaching days! Haven't heard that in a long time!
Post a Comment