May 27, 2008

7th Grade Band Concert starring Lindsay

It's that time of year again, when the kids show off their stuff! Lindsay had an opportunity to not only play in her band concert, but in an 18 piece flute prelude lasting 15 minutes before the show! Mr. Stevenson, (who is my orchestra conductor and is leaving to teach at another school, sad, sad, sad) has said, "My flute class is just precious! They are playing college level material." The flute ensemble sounded great and I was so proud! Waiting for direction, Lindsay in the middle.
This is during the concert. I was afraid you wouldn't be able to see Lindsay, so I did this weird color thing so you wouldn't miss her.
Oh, I almost forgot. My Mom was able to be at the concert via Cell phone! Since she recently had her eye surgery and was bed/chair bound, we called her and let her listen in. Proud Grandma I am sure! (Kodi thought his minding of the telephone was suckish!)
The end of the concert with Mr. Stevenson leaving the stage. The band gave him a signed shirt and he was very teary eyed. He actually had to wipe away tears and blame it on allergies. We are sad to see him go, but feel blessed to have had him teaching in our schools.
Lindsay you did an awesome job, I am so proud of you and glad you decided to give band another year!


3 comments:

One Crowded House said...

grandma on the cell phone- GREAT idea!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I loved your whole concert. The flute ensemble was great, just wait till next year, playing in band and orchestra is so much fun. Listening to your concerts make me wish I could go back in time and start all over again. Keep playing that flute. Thanks Kodi for minding the phone and making it possible for me to hear the concert in Maryland. Love and Miss you all!

Gwenda said...

That first pic of Lindsay is so good!