FRIDAY, April 13th:
Kodi will kill me if he sees this blog...Both Lindsay and Kodi had dental appointments this afternoon. I think Kodi was nervous, he isn't fond of the dentist. When he was little he had a bike accident and had to have part of a tooth removed...
Anyway, Kodi and Lindsay went back to have X-Rays and their teeth cleaned. Kodi finished first, No cavities! That is awesome! The Hygienist said, she has never seen anyone his age with so many grown up teeth. (It's true he's been loosing many teeth lately) He has one baby tooth left that has to come out or they'll have to remove it. So he is wiggling!
Lindsay finished up and her report wasn't as great, two small cavities. We'll live.
We came home, happy that Kodi was cavity free.
I had to go to the bathroom, (I promise you need to know this) while in the bathroom, I was thinking about Kodi and how great it was that he didn't have to have any fillings, since it's so scary for him.
When I opened the door to come out of the bathroom, Kodi and Lindsay both jump out from behind the wall at the bathroom door and scream at me to scare me. Kodi was 6 inches from my face at first, and it really did scare me. My initial reaction? It was to draw back my fist and punch! I ended up reacting and punching my cavity free boy right in the kisser! He fell to the floor crying, while I hid behind the bathroom door laughing. I didn't mean to do it, it just sort of happened!
It was a joke the rest of the night.
When Rick came home, he said to me, "Kodi told me never to scare you!" I started to laugh.
Then later when I had to go to the bathroom again, I made this huge announcement, "Hey Kodi, I am going to the bathroom, do you want to jump out and scare me?"
We learned 2 valuable lessons:
1. Don't jump out and scare me or you may get punched in the face.
2. In the face of danger, I will indeed do my part to protect myself!
1 comment:
I laugh every time I hear or read this. I know it isn't nice to laugh but I can just picture it. Sorry Kodi. Good job on no cavities!!
Post a Comment