Sunday April 1st!
Rick left the hotel very early, I left around 8 am and it was not early enough. I didn't get to the track until 10 and I had a ton of anxiety over it! I am not good in race traffic, and parking. Very stressful and unsettling. Had I known all these maniac people would be at the track so early, I would have left a lot earlier!
Lots of things going on. They got the car through tech and then it was time for the car to enter pit road. Rick is in the back here, hooking up the generator.
Soon after this, Paul Tuttle arrived with a Motorcycle OCC built for Tony Stewart. Fun stuff, the crowd went wild!
The race was starting and I was ready with my head set. I could stand in the pit area, or in the garage area, or I could sit in the truck. I sat in the truck a good bit, listening to the scanner and watching a pit box TV in front of me. (It was Jamie McMurray's pit box) I would stand a while, walk awhile, sit in the truck a while...
Then we had a rain delay for a bit. Darn it. It's getting late, and I am starving. I dig deep in my pocket for the 5 bucks needed for a cheeseburger and head out to get one. There is no major action going on, Jimmie isn't in the lead, I thought I might even take a nap.
As I finish my burger, Jimmie is taking the lead. We have about 85 laps to go. Maybe I should go to the pit box.
The intensity increases as the laps go by. With about 10 to go, Jimmie in the lead and Jeff Gordon on his back door, everyone is stressed! Rick walks away from the pit box and watches from the Jumbotron TV. I would like to do that, but I am too busy looking at Jimmie's lap times, in comparison to Jeff's lap times. Jimmie would be fastest on 3 laps, then Jeff would be faster. It was very stressful. With about 5 to go, one of Rick's teammates turns and looks at me. He can't watch and I give him the, "I know what you mean" look, and we smile at each other. With 3 to go, my heart is beating so hard, I can hardly stand it!
This picture of Rick, shows the relief on his face. This is the moment the race ended with Jimmie as the winner! We all felt this great!
Here are all the guys getting together for congrats! They now have to pose with each other while wearing 15 different hats. (Yes, all the hats come home after each winning race-we are just so fortunate that way I guess!)
Here's the team picture. If you look very closely you can see me behind the man on the right with the read shirt. I am against the pit road wall, wearing a black shirt, waiting for my hubby to call it a day!
Congratulations guys! It was a terrific win and a terrific weekend!
This picture of Rick, shows the relief on his face. This is the moment the race ended with Jimmie as the winner! We all felt this great!
Here are all the guys getting together for congrats! They now have to pose with each other while wearing 15 different hats. (Yes, all the hats come home after each winning race-we are just so fortunate that way I guess!)
Here's the team picture. If you look very closely you can see me behind the man on the right with the read shirt. I am against the pit road wall, wearing a black shirt, waiting for my hubby to call it a day!
Congratulations guys! It was a terrific win and a terrific weekend!![]() |
| Martinsvil |

No comments:
Post a Comment