We planned on taking a day trip to DC while I was in Maryland, it started out at a drive by, past the White House, into the Smithsonian, possibly the National Aquarium...but we absolutely must go to the Temple. So many things only so much time...we ended up visiting the Arlington National Cemetery. Dale and Gwenda, my Mom and my family, minus Rick,
yeah 11 kids!
and a lot of this...
A very somber mood, I was surprised of the reality of it, all those lives lost and proudly displayed here, and it's not even everyone who has fought for our freedom, that lay to rest here...plenty of people, plenty of sacrifice...
We witnessed the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Solider. I was surprised at the sacredness of this event and a bit taken aback, by the strict standard and examination of the next guard, to guard the Tomb.
Overlooking DC, the Washington Monument and the Capital Building
I would like to visit this place again, only taking the guided tour where I could learn more about it. So much to see and learn about, you could really spend an entire day there.
(not walking and not with 11 kids)
We made it back to the car and as we drove out we saw this...so beautiful, so glad I was able to make this DC stop. Wonder what we'll do next year?
1 comment:
How neat! I have never been there. The older I get, the more into history I get. We will have to try to get there someday.
Post a Comment