January 06, 2009

Christmas 2008

First I have to start off with Christmas Eve! Will you look at these cookies? Aren't they gorgeous? Tammy Bradley had the best idea EVER! Make 6 dozen of the same type of cookies, show up at her house, sample everyone else's cookies, have refreshments, games...at the end of the night you take home 11 half dozen cookies! That's right, you mess up your kitchen for one type of cookie, 11 people do the same, then we all swap!

That could very well, have been my most favorite CHRISTMAS present this year!

We served these cookies Christmas Eve with our little smokies, cheeses, deer bologna veggies...and we watched a movie. Wall-E! Fun night!

We also spent sometime online checking Santa's progress! Thank you NORAD!

Christmas morning arrived. Lexie was up through the night, she got sick, ended up in my bed...I am tired. I told the kids I didn't want to see them before 8am! They left me alone until 7:45am, my second Favorite Christmas present!

They really want to see their gifts!

We tricked Lindsay into thinking her gift didn't arrive...we skillfully disguised he package so she wouldn't guess, that it came!

Surprise!

I was thinking we were having a small Christmas until I saw this picture! The kids all asked for expensive big items...so I explained they would be getting less...but they would be getting what they wanted. It was nice!
Is that a Machine GUN? Lexie enjoying her Nintendo DS!

Rick and Kaylie looking over her Nintendo DS. With all the Grandparents money we were able to purchase the DS's...then Rick and I got the games. It was so nice! I am glad they all just send the money, it can go towards a big gift, they didn't have to shop and ship, and the kids get what they really want! Win, Win!

My Mom had sent a care package, it had homemade peanut butter fudge, Gibbles Cheese Puffy's, gummy things, money...that was another great gift! Thank you!

My final most awesome Christmas Gift of 2008 was a nice long
2 hour nap at 9:30 in the morning!

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

Quick! Get those cookies off that tray and away from each other!

Anonymous said...

Aren't you sick of cheese puffys yet?