August 19, 2008

Sunday August 3rd

After our lunch with Pop Pop and Laura, we headed back to the house for a visit. Lexie and Kaylie really warmed up to Pop Pop's dog. I was so glad, pet owners often can't stand to put away their pet even if a child is trembling. I don't expect the world to stop when we come for a visit, but I did travel 425 miles to Maryland, and if you haven't seen me and my children in 20 months, perhaps you should make an attempt to make your smallest Grandchildren comfortable! I know pets are like children to some people, but I'd like my children to feel loved too... Lexie cuddling with Pop Pop!
After we left their house, we stopped in to visit my Grandmother Young. She is 85 years old and lives with her youngest son, Donald. Donald didn't want his picture taken, but since Kaylie was the photographer, I convinced him that there was a good possibility he wouldn't make it in the shot. Turns out, Kaylie got us all!
Donald, Nancy, Margaret Young, Kodi, Me, Bonnie Eyler, Lindsay We were there about 2 hours and so glad to enjoy each other's company. Grandma and I talked in her room for a while, then joined everyone on the back porch. The weather was perfect and Grandma was comfortable. I was her first grandchild and she always treated me so well, it was wonderful to see her. And, to allow us to take her picture!
We'd been gone all day, and we have to pass by Jenn's house to get to Mom's and I told everyone we are going straight home and not stopping at Jenn's. I am hot, tired, I want to sleep. But as we drove by and saw everyone outside, we stopped, abruptly and jumped out of the car.
Of course Uncle Kevin got bombarded by the girls!

Finally back home with Mom and Nan and Katie the dog. Lexie and Kaylie helped put Katie to bed each night, first a little walk, then a little rest, and once her food is ready, she runs to eat it!

Night Katie Dog!

No comments: