August 31, 2008

On the road again...

No pictures, you wouldn't want to see what happened on the way home.

But, I had to cry with Jenn Sunday night hugging, wishing I didn't have to go, and yet ready to pick back up with life in NC.

Most of the car was packed, but it's unreal the amount of stuff that has to get done before you leave. Showers, looking for lost items, packing a cooler, eating breakfast...

It was a really good trip home, one of the best and I am so glad we sacrificed to do it. It was so good, I wanted to move back to Maryland. But our lives are here now. Thank you Mom for all your hospitality, and to everyone who fed us, Pop and Laura, Dad and Pam, Mom, Jenn, Angie, Gwenda, Lori...

We left around 11 monday morning, with a quick stop to hug on my Nephews, Landen and Logen. Man we don't see them enough.

Good thing for us we had ziplock bags, as Lindsay was sick and throwing up in them on the way home. Kodi left his lunch in a bathroom in Virginia. Apparently, the rest of our family was stricken then next 5 days with whatever bug they had. So not much to report for that week, just a sick family.

Thanks again for the wonderful visit, hopefully we can see you again next summer.

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

So sad... saying goodbye, no longer considering MD your home, tears with Jenn, another year before another visit.