I do miss Carnival time. When I was in High School I marched in a Drum Corps, the first year I carried a flag, the second year I played drums and my last year I twirled.
If I could find a picture of that!
Almost every week of the summer there was a carnival. Each city had a major volunteer fire company and they had carnivals, selling food, playing bingo, carnival rides...in order to make money for their fire station. It is a lot of work, but fun! Each carnival had a parade in which all the local fire companies, drum corps, acts...whatever would come and be judged. So at least once a week I would be found marching in a parade and then hanging out at the carnival.
It was so much fun!
Anyway, I live in the South and they don't do it that way here, they have state and county fairs, much like York Fair, but it's just not the same. It's too crowded, too expensive and too far to drive. If you look closely you can see Kodi standing on the left hand side, holding on the bars, with his white shirt, tan shorts and black shoes.
Lexie and Landen weren't afraid to get on this ride! Both had so much fun together!
We are fishing for something great! Another useless stuffed animal,
that we actually paid money to "win"!
Lindsay and Kodi on the scrambler, I loved this ride as a kid!
Landen and Lexie on the Helicopters, just before the carnival worker came over and insisted that the Heavier kid ride on the outside.
We talked Logen into riding the car with Landen. He really wanted too...
It turns out I was visiting MD at the perfect time and could attend Littlestown carnival! My little girls had never been to one and earlier in the day they all snuggled up to Pop Pop who unloaded a bunch of change for everyone to have fun!
We'll, Logen and Landen just HAD to ride the big slide. Even though we have plans to ride a big slide unlimitedly for FREE on Sunday! Logen tore off up the steps and didn't look back. Jenn kept telling us, he's not going to let that lady put him on the slide, and she was right! He cried, didn't want help, but wasn't walking back down those stairs. Jenn had to go up and ride with him. It was quite comical, not to her of course.
Or not, sorry Logen Mommy can't ride with you!
It was good to get out and spend some money helping the fire station and let the kids have fun doing what I did as a kid. Not much has changed, saw some people I knew, walked around the loop...the only difference is that I would get ice cream at the Carnival. This year we went to McDonald's for ice cream, air conditioning and a place to sit down instead!
1 comment:
Love the picture of Logen crying!
Post a Comment