1. I tend to read a blog of a friend, then click on the link of a blog of her friend, and continue on until I feel guilty about wasting time. (This is where I discovered the 100 things about me post and some pretty neat things about people, so I thought I would try it and challenge my friends to do the same)
2. I am a Mother of 4 living children.
3. A wife for 16 1/2 years.
4. I am a sister to my sister, Jen and my half brother Charlie.
5. I have 2 nephews, Landen and Logen.
6. I always wanted to have a daughter named Lindsay and I do!
7. I always wanted my name to be Lisa. (Instead I am named for both my Grandmother's, Margaret May and Dorothy Annabelle)
8. Dorothy May is my name.
9. My sister's name is Jennifer Lynn...you get where I am going with that? :-)
10. I suppose I have some jealousy issues over my little Sister, but those are so minimal compared to the issues I have over my little brother...they don't even compare, come close, relate...He gets everything! (It would appear my father is a "Changed" father, at least where my brother is concerned)
11. I don't always know when to move on!
12. My first job was at a grocery store named Super Thrift.
13. I meet two important people there that would impact my life FOREVER.
14. My husband
15. Angie Goulden, who has since married, but we are BFF's.
16. I wrote BBF's and it didn't look right, my spelling isn't like it used to be, darn spell check.
17. Rick walked into the store sporting his mechanic's uniform and sunglasses, and as he walked behind my register to go grocery shopping I looked back and him and thought, "I wonder if I am going to marry him?"
18. Next thought, "No he's too old."
19. He was too old at the time, and we didn't date for several years when I was older.
20. We didn't tell my Mom & Dad just how old he was, just in his 20's.
21. Angie Goulden and I talk almost everyday.
22. She was going to grow up, educate herself and move to a big city far away. I was sad and didn't want her to move far away!
23. I was going to grow up, have a family and always live close to home.
24. She lives in her hometown, and I live 425 miles away from home.
25. I have a HUGE sense of humor, it can be completely inappropriate, and hysterical at times.
26. I became a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 25 years ago.
27. I do not know what I would do without the church!
28. I received an associates degree from Rick's College in Rexburg Idaho.
29. I worked at a egg packing factory in between my freshman/sophomore year of college AND I had fun doing it! (I needed a sense of humor for that job)
30. I made $5 an hour, M-T and Friday was jackpot day at $7.50 an hour!
31. I did work for 2 weeks at K-mart before I landed my big money job of packing eggs.
32. Seriously, people stand at the end of a conveyor belt and put the egg cartons in boxes and crates. If you don't keep up with the pack, cartons of eggs back up and fall of the belt making a terrible slippery mess. I always smelled bad when I got home.
33. I did not work during college.
34. College was so much FUN! I did not have a serious relationship in college.
35. I regret not getting my 4 year degree.
36. I was only 19 when I graduated with my associates degree.
37. I once stole a stop sign that was already knocked down by another car, with help from Angie of course. (she's the one that already had a stop sign and I wanted one just like her)
38. We couldn't get the sign off the pole, we decided to hide it, leave a note and forget about it. I always feel guilty about things.
39. We both went to school the next day and found out how to get it off the pole and wanted to get the sign. But they already got the sign and put it back. I don't have a stop sign.
40. I took a bowling class in college.
41. I had my first boyfriend in the 6th grade. I dumped him after I got baptized because I knew it was the right thing to do.
42. I was sort of dating someone when Rick asked me out. His name was Fred, he was worried that Rick would steal me away, to which I replied, "Not on your life". How I regret saying that, although Fred is still living.
43. My parents did not approve of Fred or Rick for that matter. :-)
44. I broke my ankle when I was a small child by spinning around in circles on a swing. My ankle hit the pole and broke. I had to wear a cast and use crutches.
45. I broke my hand sledding with my kids on an inter tube in Mrs. Norris's back yard. It was still broken as of the last xray I had, but functional.
46. I dislocated my elbow while jumping on the trampoline with my kids.
47. Kaylie is the only baby I went into labor with by myself, hers was the easiest delivery.
48. For most of my life, I held myself responsible for a near fatal accident my father had when I was 9. He was leaving for work, I begged to go along, he wouldn't let me go with him and I was so mad I wouldn't say good bye. I remember hiding in the yard watching him leave.
49. I had a terrible smart mouth when I was young, even now I have a terrible smart mouth.
50. It is hard to win a battle of words with me.
51. My favorite Church calling was being the compassionate service leader.
52. I play violin in the Lake Norman Orchestra.
53. I play a little piano and a little guitar.
54. I need a camera.
55. I like my checkbook to be perfect. I can't wait to reconcile it each month.
56. I despise putting away laundry and clean dishes.
57. I love to eat Steamed Crabs, and miss them terribly.
58. I remember the afternoon of my high school graduation, at 1:23 and 45 seconds in the afternoon, I called Angie to tell her it was the 6 month, 7th day of the year 89. I felt so clever, she was so sick missing her graduation practice. She didn't think my discovery of time and numbers was clever then. But we've since remembered that day and call.
59. My graduation ceremony was held at Western Maryland College, our class was too big to graduate at school.
60. We took our family to Disney last year, I cried about having to leave.
61. I considered moving there and working for Disney, until Rick reminded me of the heat.
62. I won't touch worms or live fish with my bare hands.
63. I am allergic to EVERYTHING. Candles, spray odor eaters, perfume...there go my teachers gifts!
64. I have little patience for twisty ties, and the lid on the can of Pam. Having to deal with them even once is a bother to me. My bread is spun and tucked, than you.
65. I prefer real plants to plastic. You will NEVER find me buying plastic house plants.
66. I love to drive 5 speed cars!
67. Growing up I used to want a 66 Chevelle. (That makes me laugh out loud now!)
68. I keep my desk messy because I can. Rick always wants the house clean and it is, but I have to have some control.
69. I guess I am a control freak.
70. Right now I should be calling another one of my BFF's, Gwenda. I almost always talk to her at this time of the morning. (good call)
71. When my friend Lori was baptized it was one of the greatest days of my life!
72. When we went to the Temple together was another great day.
73. I love the Temple. I miss being only an hour or so away from one.
74. I was in one accident, caused by another person, where I was hurt whip lash/seat belt injuries.
75. I have caused three accidents, no one was hurt. One was pulling out from a blind spot, the second happened in my driveway while backing into Rick's truck and the third was trying to avoid a stopped car in a 55 mph lane of highway.
76. On the day of my wedding I reached the Temple before Rick, and I feared he wasn't going to show up!
77. After our ceremony I came outside to see my family, the first thing I noticed was that my Dad was wearing a black tux with white tennis shoes. (He forgot his dress shoes!)
78. I do like to watch football and racing.
79. I have no interest in golf.
80. I don't like to watch a movie more than once.
81. I LOVE reality TV: Big Brother, Survivor, The Mole
82. I watch Guiding Light when I can, today I am reserving my sock sorting during Guiding Light.
83. I secretly feel like I am Reva Shane.
84. I work as the Orchestra Treasurer, taking the job to make my resume' look good.
85. I finished my first year as a Preschool Assistant.
86. I am looking for another job...
87. One weekend, I sprained both ankles. Friday I was in the ER in Kimmerer Wyoming and Sunday I was in the ER in Rexburg Idaho.
88. Growing up I had more male friends then female friends.
89. My parents thought I was boy crazy.
90. I am a good leader/take charge kind of person.
91. I do not carry a purse, once when I left for college my mother gave me a purse. I almost lost it in the airport. When I came back home at Christmas, I gave it back to her.
92. I have 10 first cousins, 2 uncles and 2 aunts.
93. When I was graduating from High School my Uncle told me, "Those people don't care about you, you won't keep in touch with them after High School. I was so hurt and he was right!
94. I have lived in Mooresville for 9 years and it feels like home.
95. I love MUSIC! All sorts...
96. I sacrifice entirely too much for my family, at the point of not taking care of myself.
97. I can't eat Peanut Butte and Jelly on a Roll, and I don't understand those of you who do!
98. I have a hard time paying attention, in church, when people are talking to me...
99. I want everyone to like me and I want to like everyone.
100. I would love to read 100 things about each of my friends! :-) Tanya, Gwenda, Angie B, Angie J, Amy C, Angie S, Melanie, Heather, Lori, Alicia and you too Maren even though we haven't yet met!
101. I crack open my eggs and put the empty shell back in the carton. (That's for you Regina)
102. I ROCK at Guitar Hero and I can't wait for the Aerosmith version to come out!
103. I prefer romantic comedies...
104. I like to nap
105. I don't drink coffee, tea, or alcohol
106. I am defiant! Don't tell me I can't do something...
107. I love a good bargin, to the point that I take pictures and email them to Gwenda for her to see...she does the same!
108. I too can smell cigarette smoke in the car driving in front of me. It bothers me, makes me mad...Rick never believed me until one time I insisted the guy in front of us was smoking and he threw his butt out the window.
109. When Rick and I saw the movie America's Sweethearts, and Julie Roberts mimmicked her sister in the movie saying, "KiKi, KiKi, is someone smoking within a 6 mile radius of me..." I thought Rick was going to pee his pants for laughing so hard. Apparently he thinks I can be just as dramatic about cigarette smoke.
110. I was engaged to Rick during my 4th semester at college, though he didn't live at college when me, hence my "I wasn't in a serious relationship in college" comment. I didn't date a "college" boy seriously, while in college...get it?
5 comments:
You are so funny! You always make me laugh, even though you didn't mention me as one of your BFF's!
I guess I'm slow, but I don't know where you're going with the Jennifer Lynn thing.
What? No serious relationship while in college? What do you call Rick?
I thought I knew you pretty well, but even I learned a few things! Don't hold your breath waiting for me to do the same. Not that I don't want to, but you of all people know how stressed I am right now and short on time. In fact, what I am doing at the computer? I have a star to pack!!!
Yes, I did learn a few things out about you. :) I'm working on posting mine but man it is hard to think of 100 things to say about yourself. So we shall see if I complete it.
wow! It's like I know you now! That was fun to read. Thanks
Love the "100 Things about Dottie" list. Even when you write, you make me laugh!! I don't have time to write my list, but you should be impressed that I read yours! i enjoyed the movie and a quarter the other night. I can't wait to get good enough to challenge you to a "Guitar Hero Rock Off". maybe one day!
Trish
Post a Comment