April 23, 2008

Catch up?

Okay, Okay it's time to catch up!

April 1st - NO ONE and I repeat NO ONE got a good one on me for April Fools Day! (I didn't remember to prank anyone either, but none the less it was good)

April 5-6 - General Conference weekend, where I got to hear 3 out of 4 sessions of General Conference. (General Conference happens twice a year and is broadcast through out the word, when members of my church get to hear from our living Prophet ( Are you happy AMY? ) and Apostles as well, as other righteous men and women. It's awesome) After Conference we watched Ester and the King from the Liken the Scriptures series, I loved it and want to start getting the movies. It tells Scripture stories with some modern day fun and song. Great!

April 7th- Shh, Rick turned 44 years old, no need to mention it to him, he can be sensitive about it since he's been in his 40's now for 4 years and I am still a few years away... Cake, ice cream, George Lopez season 1 & 2. (Rick actually laughs out loud for these silly shows, so I thought it would be very cheap therapy!)

Also on April 7th - the Orchestra performed our "A Taste of Music" Program, which is geared for 3rd - 6th graders, to teach them about music and to have fun. It is by far the one event I am MOST proud of, that the Lake Norman Orchestra does every year. We had several children be guest conductors, and at the end of the concert the children were allowed to enter the stage and look at, touch, play different instruments and ask questions. Then everyone got a little kazoo. I think it's a fabulous program. We played songs from High School Musical, 007, Gladiator and more...

April 8th - our

Charity Never Faileth Relief Society Birthday Service Celebration!

Our women's organization at Church, named the Relief Society, teamed up with the Lake Norman Regional Medical Center and make several different things to give to the Hospital. Alzheimer's lap pads, to keep patients hands busy, burp clothes for newborn babies and walker bags, for patients who use a walker to carry their belongings in.
We cut, we sewed, we celebrated another birthday of the Relief Society Organization, the oldest organized women's organization in the world. How many years old, 153?

Finished projects. A terrific night!


We have a blood drive coming up Friday, May 9th, come on out and join us!

April 9th - kids have Church night

April 11th - Lindsay's friend Ashley slept over

April 12th - Kodi had a boyscout fundraiser pancake breakfast in the morning. He offered his services in a silent auction, 3 hours of yard work brought in $40, and 2 hours of car detailing bringing in $15. Later, Rick and I had a date

April 13th - Church

April 14th - Orchestra, LOVE it

April 15th - Tax day, but I went to the Temple with good friends.

April 16th - Church night

April 19th- Kodi sleeps over at Dallas house, Rick and I have a date, I will write about all by itself later. That good...

April 20th- Church

Okay, that's all for now. I'll share some good pictures and more of our month of April later! Thanks Tanya for the nudge!

4 comments:

One Crowded House said...

your welcome... but I don't know if it 'officially' counts until there are more pictures!

One Crowded House said...

by the way- I meant to say
you're welcome
not your welcome... sometimes
my fingers are faster than my brain!

Gwenda said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy!

Amy said...

WOOT You fixxed it!! Yay Me!