July 08, 2007

This picture reminds me of ...


our first baby. He was born still in the eight month of my pregnancy. We often refer to him as Little Ricky, as we named him after Rick. It was such a devastating blow to our family, and it's been 14 years ago on my birthday since his delivery.

We have very little memento's, if you will, of our sweet baby boy. One of the few things I do have is a Polaroid picture of his face. (How I wish I would have done so many things different, the quality is very poor and the picture is not at all flattering)

Anyway, it is rare that I have reminders of my son.

I took this picture of Lexie as she slept in Lindsay's bed. I didn't even realize the resemblance until I looked at the picture on my computer. This picture of Lexie sleeping looks so much like her big brother!

I am so thankful for a glimpse of him while I am still here on earth!

4 comments:

Gwenda said...

How nice to see Little Ricky in Lexie! Although you only see glimpses now, he's yours for the eternities!

Lori said...

You're making us all cry Dottie. We love you & are sorry for the heartaches that truly never seem to go away. They soften over time, but truly never leave.

Amy said...

Ditto on all above!! You are loved for sure.

mamanicky said...

What a sweet reminder. I second the other comments.