October 04, 2006

15 and Counting...

September 21, 1991, I mean, 2006

Our 15th Wedding Anniversary seemed to take us right back to our beginnings! We were able to get away on our actual anniversary. My Mom had come from Maryland to look after the kids. Thanks, Mom!

Rick and I left with no official plans, (A difficult thing for me, as I like plans and I like sticking to our budget!) We did a few "married people" errands, paid the water bill, haggled with a sales rep. at Suncom about needing a new cell phone...

Then off to our favorite restaurant: Capt'n Pete's. It's a sea food place, where I get King Crab legs! We ate our meal in the early afternoon. Then started off driving. We weren't too far up the road when Rick decided he needed a drink. We passed a "Sip 'n Dip" shop on rt 321 and Rick decided to turn around. I am so glad we did, because this little ice cream shop had a bluegrass jam session going on inside!

We had known each other by name before dating, but didn't start dating until after Rick had come to meet my Grandparents. They being "The Carroll County Ramblers" blue grass musicians for those who couldn't guess. We spent our first summer dates surrounded by banjo picin and bluegrass music. It really brought back the memories! After our ice cream and music, we got back in the car and just kept driving. We past Blowing Rock, NC, then we went through Boone, NC, until finally coming to Moutain City TN. Where we rested for the night. Up in time to eat breakfast there, and then we laid around watching Country Music Videos until it was time to check out at 11. Back in the car for more of the country side. (Our honeymoon we spent driving, camping, and more driving) We drove so far into the country, that when we had to stop for gas, a woman came out and pumped our gas! I felt bad. They are so far back in the sticks they don't even know that you pump your own gas now!

We came across the city of Jefferson. It had shops all up and down the main drag. We window shopped, and had a nice lunch at a diner there.

Back in the car for more driving, by this point my patience was running thin and I suggested we walk around Boone or Blowing Rock. By the time we got back in that direction a horrible rainstorm had cropped up!
So much for walking around the town and seeing what Blowing Rock is all about! We then set out to find a bowling alley, or movie theater. No luck. We got back into Mooresville Friday night late and caught a movie at our local theater after a slice of pizza. We didn't get in until midnight or so. Two nights not putting the kids to bed! A record!
We had a great time and were so glad to get away, check your calendar Mom! Oh, yeah, and we blew our budget! Posted by Picasa

No comments: