May 22, 2006

STREP

This week started bad after everyone was in bed Sunday night. Kodi was up through the night with his croupy cough. I assumed it was allergy related and I did all I could to make him comfortable. He stayed home all day Monday, and still looked bad.

By tuesday I realized he needed to see the doctor. I explained his symptoms and he tested positive for STREP! He missed school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!

Tuesday night as we gathered for family prayer, Kodi was in his sister's room. At this point, I was super paranoid and not wanting anyone else to get strep, so I made him go breathe in the hall way. Seemed funny to me at the time, so once in the hallway, I kept urging him to go further and further away, until he was all the way down the hall at his door. This is when he got mad and shut himself in his room. Sounds terrible, guess you had to be there, still makes me laugh a little!

He is feeling better, although the cough remains.

No comments: