We managed to get out of the house again! Lindsay was my trusted baby sitter. I paid her $12 to watch everyone and I paid Kodi $3 to behave himself.
It seemed to work! Not one person was screaming any time I called!Rick had been at the track all day working. He was helping Jeff Fultz's team with JCR3 Racing. Rick had driven the hauler in the night before and set everything up the day of the race. In this picture he had just finished putting something in the car for Fultzy. He is headed back to the truck to get ready for the start of the race.
I hadn't seen him before in his race day attire, very handsome I thought! Maybe that's why I took mostly pictures of him!

I arrived at the track just before 7. I parked, walked forever, saw a friend I had lost touch with, jumped in her car, rode a few hundred yards to sign myself in. Rick had placed me on the "in" list. So all I had to do was tell them who I was, and who I was with, then sign a waiver. (The waiver is basically, in the event of my death, or injury while in the pits, the track doesn't have to accept responsibility or pay damages, if I am stupid enough to place myself in harms way, then why should they have to foot the bill? Right? )
Finally in the pits, found my hubby, he is working hard even after the race has started!Rick gave me a scanner to use, so I could hear communications between Fultzy and the spotter Jeff Craig. I stood on top of the hauler for a long time watching. Up there you can see the entire track, in the pits, you can only see 10 yards or so. All was going well, until Jeff lost a cylinder in his motor. Instead of taking the chance and wrecking the car, they called it a night. Very disappointed.
Then the clean up began, I decided to rest in the truck until we were ready to leave.
It was fun to be in the pits with Rick and the team, even though Rick was very busy, I was glad for the chance to be there with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment