February 26, 2010

One thing I always thought I would like to do but no longer see happening

ADOPT!

I really did envision my family full of children of different races and nationalities. I could see a future with a colorfully blended family. A girl from China, a boy from Ethiopia, more children from various other places, Russia, Korea...and so it goes.

As my world would have it, I was blessed with beautiful biological children and my world is full and complete with them. Considering the needs of my own family, adoption seems like an impossibility.

I've come to known some amazing adoptive parents who continue to show me that people are in need and we can help. Though I can't help in the form of having another child. I can help in helping others. Because these two dear friends have embarked upon something I myself once felt compelled to do, in my mind they are like Angels. I have such admiration for them, such respect and love it just can't be capped!

So this morning when a note hit my inbox I didn't feel like I could keep it to myself.

Hello. We hope this email finds you doing well. As you may or may not know, we have been in the process of adopting a 10 year-old special needs child from Thailand. The time is getting very near for us to travel and bring him home. We are raising funds for travel and finalization costs. We are conducting a raffle with a Lowe's gift card as the top prize and many other smaller prizes. Please visit our website to read his story and purchase a raffle ticket(s). Also, we are asking if you could please send our website to everyone you know and ask if they could support our adoption by purchasing a raffle ticket. We appreciate any and all help and all your prayers. We feel so blessed to be able to give this child a loving home. We wouldn't be able to do it without the support of our wonderful friends and family. Take care and God Bless.

Tamara is a fellow musician in the Lake Norman Orchestra. She plays clarinet and I play the violin. Although we do not know each other very well, you can see her heart in what she is doing and I support her! If you can take a minute to check out her website, especially her BLOG link you will see just how neat of a story they have to share. They didn't pursue adoption, the feel that GOD pursued them and lead them to this particular adoption.

Even if you can't help monetarily at this time, you can and are welcomed to cut and paste her blog site, mine...getting the word out will be a wonderful way to help!

I feel so blessed to have such strong courageous women in my life, they help me want to appreciate my family even more and it's my Prayer to become more willing to serve The Lord like them each and every day!

No comments: