I find it even difficult to keep up with week to week things, because at the end of the week
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE DID!
So this post is going to be a Hodge podge of a few things!
(oh, and blogger and Picasa getting on my nerves, so pictures are unedited!)
Here's an interesting article with my hubby in it...yeah spelled his name wrong surprise surprise, you'd be surprised at how many people spelled my maiden name wrong; yong, yonge, yung, when it's just Young!
Sorry to say we aren't a big football family, but we are a big fan of Superbowl Food! So here we are pretending to watch the game while enjoying some yummy food!
Rick was of course in Daytona for Valentine's Day! So we had to celebrate without him. The girls enjoyed valentine's from school! Daddy gave everyone candy and I got myself photo editing software, which I will not allow myself to enjoy until after my Spanish test.
This week wasn't woo bad, Orchestra rehearsal Monday night...so good to be back.
Tuesday I went to school and got home very early, that's always nice.
Wednesday my neighbor saved me by bringing my kids home from Church after their activity. (So thankful for the help!) And she sent home a huge package of hot pockets which my family has enjoyed!
My Lexie dear came home from school heartbroken on this day. She and a fellow (repeat offender) class mate both yawned out loud. The teacher had warned if anyone yawned out loud they would have to pull their card, (from green to yellow, green is good, yellow is a warning) We'll Kaylie has been sleeping in every one's bed but her own, it's become a problem, people are exhausted! So Lexie yawned out loud and had to pull her card. She got off the bus and just sobbed. I explained that her teacher still loved her and that she is just trying to keep everyone from falling asleep. Then I made her get that hurt out of her heart, we moved it down her arm, then her hand and left it outside on a bush! It seemed to work okay, and that night her teacher called and told me how sad she was to do it, and that Lexie is such a wonderful child that I will never have any troubles with her and she said, "I don't know who that punishment hurt worse, me or her". Awe, sweet. It all seemed to be over by Thursday afternoon, shew!
Thursday was school until late, not one of the better days at home.
Then Friday afternoon was finally ALL TO MYSELF! I worked on Spanish. Friday evening I treated the kids to our favorite Chinese Dish, Mild Scallion Chicken!
Each night I spent time enjoying the Olympics! (up entirely too late) Saturday I accomplished all my stats homework, studied Spanish and cleaned!
I am trying to start a "new habit" to tidy something in each room before I leave it. WOW what a difference a day has made.
Now it's Sunday, we have Church this afternoon, while spareribs cook in the crock pot, a delicious dinner upon our arrival home and then hopefully we'll get to do this early tonight!
2 comments:
do you buy the mild scallion chicken, or do you have a recipe you need to share?
and my favorite part of the super bowl is the food too :)
tell lil Miss Lexie that Miss Lori kept yawning one day in school too. I mistakenly yawned too loud, was told I was a hog by the teacher & thrown out of class. Needless to say, my mama was in to that school the next day & the teacher had to apologize to me in front of the entire class. Ah...karma is great.
Post a Comment