August 30, 2009

My baby is 6!

Kaylie and her cake! She has lost a total of 3 teeth, has had no broken bones, only recently opened her mouth for the dentist, prefers to ride a scooter than her bike, very much wants things her own way and can be so super sweet!
Blowing out the candles while we sing Happy Birthday!Lindsay gave the cake and Kodi gave a booklet of 343 TATTOOS! By the end of the day Kaylie was sporting 6 of them! And they weren't the kiddie type, these were the kind grown ups have! Neither Rick, nor myself have a tattoo, and even though I enjoy them on other people, we are kind of tattoo prudes! I was secretly thrilled when the booklet got lost in her room! :-) Kaylie also wanted the Target version of an American Girl Doll and a littlest pet shop toy. Pappy sent her a gift card to walmart, where she picked up Gardening Mama for her DS.
It was s nice birthday! Grandma asked what Kaylie wanted for her birthday and she replied that she wanted a set of drums. I then overheard Kaylie tell Lexie, "You have a guitar and I will have drums, then we can have a band!" Kodi was our expert drum set assembler! Oddly enough, I have loved the drums played in our home! People will be talking with me on the phone and comment about the drums in the background, I don't even notice it! Now if it were a flat or sharp note on a violin...that's a different story!
Kaylie in Concert!

I just love her so much and she is such a challenge for me! My most common prayer for her is that I don't change her feisty happy go lucky personality while trying to help her grow into a good friend, one who doesn't push other people's buttons and doesn't forget her manners. I've often described my pretty girl as a puppy, She comes wagging her tail happy and ready to play and then without warrant or notice she bites you!

I love you Kake A Nator!

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a sweet post about your little girl. My Q is 6 and hasn't lost ANY teeth yet, so Kaylie has a good start. They grow up way too quick, don't they?

One Crowded House said...

she is such a pretty girl... It looks like she had a fabulous day.

Gwenda said...

I liked Kodi doing his own drumming in the background!

That "Littlest One" sure is a cutie!!