March 15, 2009

Pew Pong

This may be NO interest to most readers, but someday 20 years from now when Rick and I are sitting alone in the 2nd pew at Church, I may find I really miss these days!

Church starts:

Ding

Round 1

Line up: Lindsay, Dottie, Lexie, Kaylie Rick and Kodi sitting with the other Deacons preparing to pass sacrament.

Announcements, Song, Prayer ( I notice giggling through prayer from the little girls)

Ding

Round 2

Line up: Lindsay, Lexie, Dottie, Kaylie, Rick.

Releasing, sustaining...song, Sacrament Prayer, ( I notice giggles through this prayer as well, apparently the little ones can see each other through me!)

Ding

Round 2

Line up: Lindsay, Lexie, Dottie, Rick, Kaylie.

The water is passed. ( We are only 15 minutes into Church!) Time for the boys to return to their seats.

Ding

Round 3

Line up: Kodi, Lindsay, Lexie, Dottie, Rick, Kaylie.

1st speaker. ( Why is Lexie giggling, why is Kaylie crying?)

Ding

Round 4

Line up: Kodi, Lindsay, Dottie, Lexie, Rick, Kaylie.

2nd speaker. (Kaylie feels left out...Daddy's back is to her, he tries to recover) We hear a special song.

Ding

Round 5

Line up: Kodi, Lindsay, Dotte, Lexie, Kaylie, Rick.

3rd speaker. (Through my gritted teeth I declare to Kodi and Lindsay, if I have to sit between them I will make such a scene they will hope to wither and die before my very eyes, or something like that... or did I use that look last week?)

Closing Song and Prayer (It's over people, go to class!)

Ding

Round 6

Line up: Just me (Man they know how to leave the pew fast!)

And to think, this is a slow Sunday only 6 rounds! Shew!

I don't want to wish it away, but I would love to wish for it in mute, with less tears, no touching and no one, absolutely no one looking at each other!

6 comments:

Gwenda said...

Oh, it can be so hard finding the right seating arrangement! How well I know!

David Blades said...

LOL... Hillarious... I enjoyed it. I remember those days...

Alicia said...

So funny, cuz it's so true!

Anonymous said...

Well Gwenda and Dale usually sends one of the boys down to sit beside Aunt Bonnie and she just has to hug them and kiss them and right then and there in church they just want to crawl under the pew.

Anonymous said...

Hey

Anonymous said...

Hey is me ...Connie