When Angie told me all about her trip to see Wicked in New York City, and then she told me what it was about, I knew right away I just HAD to see it! I immediately searched for the show playing some where near me. As luck would have it, it was playing in Georgia, too soon for my budget and liking. That's when Angie said, "We are going to do it!" We planned the day, it was her sweet birthday gift to me. Georgia is a good 4-5 hour drive from here, but we weren't deterred. We left at 6am on Thursday October 30th and started on our way. As you can imagine, we talked the ENTIRE way down and back. Just tons of laughing and fun. We had never been on a road trip before and at times we were quite silly.
This shot, we are heading into a tunnel. I just had to take a picture...

While in the tunnel I had to make an inappropriate comment about this being Princess Diana's tunnel and we were being chased, just before the crash! (I know, I know, it's terrible!)

Since Aj and I haven't been on any long road trips, I wasn't sure what to expect. I mean I have ridden with her in a car before, felt safe. However, we turned around in many, many, awkward places. Just before a light or intersection, and it continued to happen, over and over and over again! Finally I started taking pictures of things like this as evidence!
A wall we pulled up too, before backing, back into the road to go the correct way....
I did seriously think we are going to get pulled over!
We made it to Atlanta in a very respectable time, and were able to drop by the Atlanta Temple for a quick trip to the Visitors Center. It was nice and cozy there, the Temple was not at all like I expected, but nice.
More driving, here is the Olympic Torch
We were stuck behind a small accident, kept driving Map quest wrong directions...but eventually made it to a little restaurant just down from the theater where we had lunch. Then the mad rush was on to get to the theater and get our seats! The Fox theatre was AMAZING! I would totally go there again!
This is what appeared at the front of the stage while we waited for the show to start.

I just can't tell you how the excitement was building, it was awesome! I have searched the Internet to find some video of the show...click on this link for my favorite part:
However, you must know, that the production we saw was much more dramatic and climatic than this, so this isn't as good as what we saw, but still fun to watch!

Here is a map of Oz, with such locations as Munchkin Land, Emerald City, The Band Lands...

Another shot of the theater

The only picture we could manage to get, before being asked to put away the camera. Right before the show was about to start!

The show started and it was FABULOUS! All throughout I kept thinking, "Do I have enough money on hand to pay for the 8:00pm show?" I would have gladly stayed and saw it again! Curtains were up at 1 and didn't drop until 4pm! What an awesome production! I just loved all the actors and actresses!
This is my attempt at catching some on stage action with my camera, unsuccessful, but humorous none the less. Just let some little old lady tell me to put my camera away again!

During the first part of the show, I was in tears. It just was that good. Several times I was just so very thankful for the friend I have in Angie, who worked a small miracle so we could go see the play. I told Rick later, I have such a great friend in her and he agreed.

After the show ended we headed out to find IKEA, Angie had some shopping to do and to introduce me to IKEA. Trust me I've been introduced!
After our IKEA visit we got on the road, traveled a good bit then stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner. Just a great trip! I was on a cloud for weeks afterwards! I would totally go see WICKED all over again! And I would totally go with Angie, we had a blast! Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a fabulous birthday gift! I treasure our friendship Angie!
2 comments:
What fun! Road trips are the best.
I keep hearing your voice say "I feel so wicked!" from the show, although I've never seen it. Sounds like it was the bomb.
Post a Comment