Well, just the other day Gwenda, my Aunt, told me how she has sick kids, my cousins. I am not sure if anyone knows this about me, but the power of suggestion is POWERFUL!
So Tuesday night, at 8:30 when Kodi told me his leg hurt,
it was only just beginning!
I thought maybe he pulled a muscle, he insisted he hadn't and I insisted he get in bed. Different times off and on I would here him crying out for me. By midnight, he clearly was sick and even a little delirious! Fever of 102, meds, cold wash cloth, a nice shower, by 1am it was over! Lucky me, only 5 more hours until the alarm goes off.
Wait, what's this, who is in my bed? Oh, it's just Kaylie and it's only 5 am, 1 more hour of sleep for me, HOORAY!
Kaylie is mumbling something...
"What's that, you don't fell well?" I say to Kaylie
"No, my tummy hurts, I feel like I am going to throw up."
(Those are magic words, words that say:
get up, run, get a bucket, towel, boil hot water!)
Fortunately for me I listened, about the bucket that is...let's just say, Kaylie scored! A bath for her, may help her little fever of 101.
Look now it's 6:00am, Kaylie you have to go to bed now, because Kodi is crying again.
"Lindsay, get up time for school, you are on your own, I have sick people..."
and I've got the laundry to prove it!

And so my day began, Kaylie had school pictures and I had to work. I got Kodi set up and left for work. Kaylie had her pictures taken and was dropped back off at home by a friend. At 10am Kodi was calling, Kaylie threw up, in her bucket of course! Good Girl! At 11am Kodi is hungry. I'll be home soon. At noon another call, Kaylie is hungry. I arrive back home at 12:10pm. All is well, heat up some chicken noodle soup. None for Kaylie thanks, they lay around and watch TV.

I decide I should go to the store and get Kaylie some Ibuprofen, and a thermometer. I had a thermometer one an hour ago, when I first got home, but I can't find it now. So that's another item on my list. I get home, no one gets meds until I check Temps! Only the new Thermometer doesn't work. BACK TO FOOD LION! I checked the replacement while I was there, thank you very much!
Both still have fever's. Kodi is clearly the most sick.
Kodi and Kaylie pictured on the couch. Kodi gets red faced with a fever. Notice there is no cover, covering the couch. I learned my lesson the hard way!
My sweet sick girl, watching TV.

Here is Kaylie this morning, having a little toast, she seems better. No fever, just tired and resting. I am so thankful. I plan on looking just like her on the couch in a few minutes. Only 4 hours of sleep night before last, and last night I got 3 hours in a row, followed by 2 more in a row. Yay, Me!
Kodi isn't photographed here, because in the last 36 hours he has awakened me 5 times, taken 8 showers, needed 5 drinks, 3 cold wash cloths and has managed to soil, the couch, a chair, 8 shirts, the carpet from the couch to the kitchen, only to then throw up in one bathroom and shower in another. He is completely confined to HIS room today and ONE bathroom! There is no need for a picture, I have seen enough of him!
Seriously, one day he will be married, and his wife will feel exactly this way!
2 comments:
LOL! Love the reason there is no picture of Kodi!
Nice pics of your laundry piles!
Next time we're sick here I'll disinfect the phone before we talk!
As sad as it is, I was thoroughly enteratined by this post. Sorry!
Post a Comment