My friend Sheree told me about Breakfast with Santa at her Church. I decided to take the girls this morning. Kaylie was talking big about what she would ask Santa for, right up until he appeared! We had a wonderful pancake breakfast and at the end of it the Jolly Old Elf came in to see the boys and girls. We waited for our turn. Lexie had no troubles getting on his lap, she was so confident and cute. Kindergarten changes everything!
Lost in serious discussion!
Kaylie finally did it! She fussed and whined the entire time she was in line with us! When it was her turn she marched up and sat herself on his lap! She told him she wanted a Barbie for Christmas. (First time I had heard this request) I think she was maybe to nervous to ask for the good stuff, you know the Dora Jeep, a new Bike, a Dora cash register...
Feeling nervous still, you can tell by the look on her face!
Almost done...
Kaylie happy to receive her candy cane! After the breakfast, the children made gifts for the parents. An adorable snowflake and a tile with their hand print. Very nice! Lindsay stayed with her sisters to help them, while I ran home for an hour! What a big help she can be!
Lost in serious discussion!
Kaylie finally did it! She fussed and whined the entire time she was in line with us! When it was her turn she marched up and sat herself on his lap! She told him she wanted a Barbie for Christmas. (First time I had heard this request) I think she was maybe to nervous to ask for the good stuff, you know the Dora Jeep, a new Bike, a Dora cash register...
Feeling nervous still, you can tell by the look on her face!
Almost done...
Kaylie happy to receive her candy cane! After the breakfast, the children made gifts for the parents. An adorable snowflake and a tile with their hand print. Very nice! Lindsay stayed with her sisters to help them, while I ran home for an hour! What a big help she can be!Lindsay also did another terrific thing today. I just have to brag about it. She has a friend that just doesn't make it to Church really regular. So she sees her at school, and invites her to everything and many times we give her a ride.
Today was a special activity where the girls would go to a play, and then exchange ornaments. She knew that her friend wouldn't have an ornament to exchange so, when she bought her own ornament with her own money, she also bought one for her friend so she wouldn't be left out! I was so proud of her. She picked up the gifts and bags to put them in. A job well done Lindsay, I am so proud of you!
2 comments:
The first pic of Kaylie on Santa's lap is really good!
Nice job Lindsay! You are a good friend to be so thoughtful and generous with your money! Thinking of others is a wonderful trait to have.
All I can say is Cute Kids :)
You did an Awesome thing Lindsay. I know you will be blessed for it.
Post a Comment