April 22, 2006

TROUBLE WITH GUM

Kaylie ate a ton of gum at Church on Sunday, but apparently there was some gum left somewhere at home, because at 4 am Thursday I was awaken by Lexie. She came to our room to tell me that Kaylie was in her room and Kaylie and Lindsay were crying. I got up to check it out, Kaylie had climbed in Lindsay's bed on the top bunk and had scared Lindsay.

Kaylie's problem? "Gum Bum". It was in her hair! So I took her into my bathroom and sure enough, "Gum Bum" was in her hair.

Fortunately it was at the base of her neck, and I was able to cut it out without cutting too much hair.

However, this morning, Kaylie came to me to fix her pony tail and there it is again, more "Gum Bum"! It was stuck to the base of her hair behind her right ear. It was stuck fast to her skin and hair. This time I had to use peanut butter to get it away from her skin. It took much longer and I had far less tolerance!
At one point I did scream out loud, "I will cut the hand off, of the person who brings gum into this house again!", forgetting I am the one who encouraged the Easter Bunny to bring in bandaid gum to begin with!

I did get the gum cleaned from her skin and luckily was able to cut the rest from her hair. It was at the base of her neck. Right now it isn't causing too much trouble, but as her hair grows out I suspect we'll be having a lot more knots to comb through.

By the way, this was Kaylie's first haircut! The reason there is no cute picture is because I wasn't feeling happy about our current circumstances!

1 comment:

mamanicky said...

I think I've yelled that same comment and I too am the guilty party that bought the stuff. The worst is when you're wearing flip flops and you step on it in the parking lot. That's just nasty!