April 17, 2010

So You Think You Can...

Read My Blog?

Nice try Ang, (really rattle my bones? lol) not exactly what I was thinking!

So you think you can read my blog?

It would be nice, nice if I were actually writing, nice if I had the time, could put in the effort or energy.

Nice if I could actually really share all that is going on in my world.

N I C E.

I want too, maybe I don't want too...

The end of the semester is slowly, ever so slowly, like global warming slowly, coming to a close.

5 actual days in class, then 3 separate days for exams.

The game plan I feel is good, 1 more year of part time college, and 2 full time years. Then graduation, licensed Social Worker in the state of North Carolina. (will we still be living in the state then?)

Is it worth it? All this headache, pressure, testing, dents in my car from annoying college classmates that can't respect your car as it sits in the parking space. Professors that are as inconsistent as the stomach flu in a young child.

I somehow have managed an A in stats. I had an A in psychology until the last exam, 84%...I am on the cusp of an A in that class. My A's, they are mine to lose at this point!

Then there is SPANISH! (spoken with a snarly sarcastic feel, try it again you'll see)

Then there is SPANISH! (worked didn't it?)

I seriously have always wanted to learn spanish, truly. But my first spanish class ever has totally taken me for a ride...straight off the Grand Canyon! On the cusp of a Spanish D, I am stressed. I spend a lot of time working with spanish and little time blogging. Believe me if I were good enough I would actually blog in spanish, but it takes too long!

At the end of a long stressful work and college day, one in which I am ready to throw in all towels in reach I am blessed with a gift, (or I have lots of friends with big problems) in less than 24 hours I was able to console a Mom with a child having issues, a friend at her breaking point because of a jobless husband and a friend who suspects her husband is being unfaithful.

I love these people, truly I do, somehow I am able to help them through their most difficult moments in time. I open my mouth to offer help and am often amazed at the advice I give or the comfort. It truly seems divine, like I actually have a gift, a talent, something I can share. It almost seems like a calling in life, I don't know how to explain it.

Hard as college, working, family and a husband who travels is, and the constant second guessing myself, worrying about college, grades, tests, I have to wonder if it is all worth it? Is getting this degree worth it? When I am at my lowest possible point about going back to school, The Lord blesses me with someone I can help.

(Sorry to all of you who know me, I don't mean for you to have problems so that I can help you and receive another witness that I indeed should finish school)

I am not going back to school because of some inadequacy I feel not having earned a four year degree. I am not going back due to boredom. I am not going back because I love putting incredible amounts of stress on myself. I am going back to help support my family and I feel lucky enough to be able to pursue something that I want to do and that I can do.

So my dear blogging Friends, Romans Countrymen...lend me your ears... in about 3 weeks, I'll have more to say then, I promise.

2 comments:

Gwenda said...

We need people like you that can open their mouth and help others! All this hard work, stress and anxiety will be worth it in the long run! Keep going, full steam ahead!

Angie said...

You used trickery...I thought your abbreviation might be So You Think You Can...but you threw me off cause you used a Y for the first you and a U for the second you. Trickery!

Anyway, you sure do have a plate full and I can certainly understand why your posts are few and far between. BUt do love the updates when you time. :0)